Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Aircraft

Post by Eldwen »

Updated version here
Download link version 1.0.5

ImageImage

Description: Adds air travel and combat options
Graphics by: YuokiTani (Thank you again)
Version: 1.0.0
License: CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
Release: 07-31-2015
Tested With Version: 0.12.0
Images
Feedback Requests
Wants and To-do List
Thanks
Old downloads
Last edited by Eldwen on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.] Aircraft

Post by Klonan »

Really cool mod!

I put this together showing it ingame:

https://youtu.be/A6QcxsKpHOM

Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eldwen »

Klonan wrote:Really cool mod!
Dude...your video. Its more then I could of asked for as a response to the mod. Thank you. I laughed quite hard. The work I put in was paid off just in those few minutes of rocket destruction madness.

Thanks!
-Eld

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

Cool mod and video! Question, what is the purple thingy that shoot laser beams?

bloodgiver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bloodgiver »

johanwanderer wrote:Cool mod and video! Question, what is the purple thingy that shoot laser beams?
That's destroyer robots - they're purple because Klonan likes to play with pink/purple character and that color affects turrets, robots etc.

Very good mod!

As for the video - The best Spotlight evar, speachless :D

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

OMGWTFBBQQROFLCOPTOR.

Installed. 5/5.

Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eldwen »

johanwanderer wrote:Cool mod and video!
bloodgiver wrote: Very good mod! As for the video - The best Spotlight evar, speachless :D
Talguy wrote:OMGWTFBBQQROFLCOPTOR. Installed. 5/5.
Thanks guys!
If I had any real talent at graphics design, I would make a "OMGWTFBBQQROFLCOPTOR".
Now where did I leave that image of a BBQ grill a with helicopter rotor...

-Eld

DeShanok
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DeShanok »

Yeah, great mod! I was look for somithing like that.
Thanks

DeShanok

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

License?

Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eldwen »

kiba wrote:License?
Thanks for pointing that out. Was rushing to get this posted the day that I did and over looked a few things.

-Eld

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

IDEA
It would be nice to make the car bombers flew and bombed without the participation of the player.

TheFrelle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheFrelle »

Hello mate! Great mod ;) I really enjoy flying through my factories, instead of accidentally crashing into everything in a tank.

However, I've found quite a funny bug with this.

You can shoot your own aircraft with your own rockets and bullets. The rockets do no harm to your aircraft, however the BULLETS do :p I kinda just shot myself down.

Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eldwen »

Airat9000 wrote:IDEA
It would be nice to make the car bombers flew and bombed without the participation of the player.
I am currently researching/working to implement a large amount of new features to current and future aircraft. Something similar to this is in the works, and should it be possible will allow transportation of goods over long distances by air. When I get to this part of the project, I will see about implementing "air strikes" via a secondary item of some sort to call in air support. Already an idea of mine and it sounds like something along the lines of what you are looking for.
TheFrelle wrote:Hello mate! Great mod ;) I really enjoy flying through my factories, instead of accidentally crashing into everything in a tank.
You can shoot your own aircraft with your own rockets and bullets. The rockets do no harm to your aircraft, however the BULLETS do :p I kinda just shot myself down.
Thank you for the feedback and I'm glad you are enjoying it! I've done an extensive amount of testing with the weapon systems over the last 2 weeks and haven't had this issue as of yet. Not to doubt you, but are you sure you weren't just shot down by spitters/worms? I've lost a few aircraft in zealous strafing runs.

Thanks guys,
-Eld

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Eldwen wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:IDEA
I am currently researching/working to implement a large amount of new features to current and future aircraft. Something similar to this is in the works, and should it be possible will allow transportation of goods over long distances by air. When I get to this part of the project, I will see about implementing "air strikes" via a secondary item of some sort to call in air support. Already an idea of mine and it sounds like something along the lines of what you are looking for.
TheFrelle wrote:Hello mate! Great mod ;) I really enjoy flying through my factories, instead of accidentally crashing into everything in a tank.
Thank you for the feedback and I'm glad you are enjoying it! I've done an extensive amount of testing with the weapon systems over the last 2 weeks and haven't had this issue as of yet. Not to doubt you, but are you sure you weren't just shot down by spitters/worms? I've lost a few aircraft in zealous strafing runs.

Thanks guys,
-Eld
transport aircraft good idea!

smattz99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by smattz99 »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (89.72 KiB) Viewed 28036 times
Having trouble using the mod. factorio fails to open and throws up this error message. I don't understand what i need to do to fix it. Any help would be ace.

Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eldwen »

smattz99 wrote:
Capture.PNG
Having trouble using the mod. factorio fails to open and throws up this error message. I don't understand what i need to do to fix it. Any help would be ace.
This is the first I've heard of anyone having issues with the mod.
Might I ask:
1. Have you changed the code at all after download?
2. What version are you running?
3. What other mods are you also using? (that shouldn't matter, but just in case)

Thanks,
-Eld

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

shouldnt the aircraft be a bit higher off the ground.?
why is it so low to the ground.? I see it fly through light poles and other objects,
is it possible to lift the aircraft so it can fly over poles instead of through them ? or is this the fault of the game design limitation?

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Cooolaid wrote:shouldnt the aircraft be a bit higher off the ground.?
why is it so low to the ground.? I see it fly through light poles and other objects,
is it possible to lift the aircraft so it can fly over poles instead of through them ? or is this the fault of the game design limitation?
Changing the shadow offset is the only thing that can be done to give the illusion of flying higher.

Rendering under entities is simply due to the draw order. To create the angled world view, anything lower on the screen is drawn above anything higher on the screen (all relative the the entities center I believe). (There are exceptions to this rule but I'm pretty sure those are specifically hard-coded to be that way.)
Unless the devs extent the entity prototype to include 'draw topmost' or something, there isn't much that can be done.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

That must be a VTOL aircraft.
They can stand in the air ...
Why not make a helicopter ... so its not a problem to stand in the air.

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

I love this mod SO MUCH! I've always wanted an air vehicle in this game, and I hated how the flight research didn't give us planes.
I hope you keep working on this mod, maybe start with low-tech aircraft. Anyway, THANK YOU FOR THIS MOD!!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Mods”