[0.12.2] [Rseding91] Inserters not inserting into a cargo wagon after arrival

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.2] [Rseding91] Inserters not inserting into a cargo wagon after arrival

Post by aka13 »

Hello,

encountered this small but nevertheless very annoying bug after updating from 12.1 to 12.2. After a cargo wagon pulls infront of the standard loading station I always used since I can not remember for how long already, sometimes(?) some(?) of the inserters refuse to load the cargo. Manually replacing or rotating the inserters seems to solve the problem.

My client is modded with recourse spawner overhaul and marathon mods, both of which seemed to have 0 influence on inserters. The bug happens without using the said mods, too.

http://i.imgur.com/wVgwdtl.jpg
http://imgur.com/8QECp5Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e5jOzgd.jpg

From what I have observed, this happens if an inserter is "stuck" in the air with an item in it, when the wagon gets full/drives away. In other word, a "full" inserter refuses to continue working after the traincar arrives again. Not sure if the same goes for stationary containers, was too lazy to try out. Also not sure if that happened in 0.12.1, since I started with rail networks only in 0.12.2 in my current save.

I have attached 3 screenshots - a screenshot of 3 out of 8 inserters not loading the cargo, a screenshot of the wagon not being full while the said situation happens, and screenshot of the replaced inserters working again.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.2] Inserters not inserting into a cargo wagon after arrival

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you upload the save game in the broken state? I'm not able to reproduce this issue.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.2] [Rseding91] Inserters not inserting into a cargo wagon after arrival

Post by sillyfly »

I'm having a very similar (identical?) issue. Seems like normal inserters are ok (although sometimes do get stuck, turning them around fixes the problem).
Fast inserters, on the other hand - I can't get to work.

I'm uploading my save, along with required mods (RSO, FARL and RailTanker in my case). Look at the fast-inserter putting curved rail, right where the player is standing.
Saved game file is called 'rso-0.12.zip'

http://www.filedropper.com/bug
MD5 (for paranoid donwloaders :D )

Code: Select all

17435086984997ef8548f8f2c376d9c3  bug.zip

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.2] [Rseding91] Inserters not inserting into a cargo wagon after arrival

Post by sillyfly »

Note: I just noticed that in my case the train is technically running, although the next stop does not exist. However, even stopping the train doesn't wake up the sleeping inserter.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ah, well if the train's running that's expected. It not waking up inserters even through it's stationary when switching it to manual mode would be the bug in this case (if that's happening - I haven't tested yet).

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Hmmm, I can not reproduce that today anymore. Maybe it is because I restarted factorio first time after 9-10h of play?
Nevertheless, I guess this should be moved to unconfirmed bugs until I manage to reproduce and save the state, so you can analyse the situtation. Thank you for your tie nevertheless.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for 0.12.4.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

sillyfly wrote:MD5 (for paranoid donwloaders :D )
MD5 signatures have been cracked, paranoid people require a more secure hash like SHA-256.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”