Cannot download scenario pack

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
milo christiansen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Cannot download scenario pack

Post by milo christiansen »

I would like to download the scenario pack that my tier is supposed to provide, but I cannot find a download link anywhere.

"Your membership tier includes download of our scenario pack for your personal use."
"If you are using the Factorio auto updater then it should be downloaded for you automatically. Otherwise the way you install it is by downloading the zip archive and unpacking it into your mods directory."

I cannot use the auto updater (the computer I play Factorio on does not have an internet connection), and despite what the description says there does not appear to be a way to manually download the scenario pack. Help?

EDIT: I only get online once or twice a week (at the most) so don't worry if I don't reply immediately.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Cannot download scenario pack

Post by SilverWarior »

Scenario pack download is not available in regular download section.
I remember it was available from profile page on Factorio site (for those having the proper tier) but it seems that the download link for it has been removed from there.

Now you say that you can't use auto-updater as you computer is not connected to internet. I assume you are also not permitted to install Factorio on the computer which you use to get online once in a while.
If my assumption is correct you might want to try and download the zip version of the game which does not require installation and can even be run directly from USB key. That means that you might be able to start Factorio on that computer that is connected to internet without any installation. And since scenario pack is pretty small downloading of it would not take long which means that you can do this fast enough for no one to notice you are running Factorio at that time.

milo christiansen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by milo christiansen »

I suppose that is what I will have to do, it'll be a PITA though.

Someone needs to update the text on the profile page (because it specifically mentions a separate download if the updater does not work for someone).

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

milo christiansen wrote:Someone needs to update the text on the profile page (because it specifically mentions a separate download if the updater does not work for someone).
Either that or modify the download page to also include the Scenario pack download link for those who have been granted access to it.

tara14887
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tara14887 »

i have the same problem. ive tried installing the zip file also but still no scenario pack. i really wanna play it and im getting frustrated as to why i cannot download it.

Return to “Technical Help”