[0.12.0] [Rseding91] Constructionbots repairing Combatbots

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Venatos
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.0] [Rseding91] Constructionbots repairing Combatbots

Post by Venatos »

Hi,

not a serious issue, but having personal constructionbots chasing your combatbots around the biterbase is kinda useless. ;)
me thinks there should be an exeption for damaged combatbots, so they are not considdered for repairs, since they are temporary anyways.
imho the loss of constructionbots isnt worth the occasional repair.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.0] Constructionbots repairing Combatbots

Post by jeroon »

(It has been this way since construction bots were added to the game, not a bug, but a feature request..)

I agree, I understand the need for construction bots to repair everything that's damaged, but it's rather amnoying behaviour, so I suggest locking the bots in cages and only letting them out when important stuff is being damaged :D

Venatos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.0] Constructionbots repairing Combatbots

Post by Venatos »

i realize that it was just a funny odity pre .12 but since personal roboports make it a permanent issue it gets anoying quickly. sure, its low priority, but it still is unwanted behaviour that needs fixing.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.0] [Rseding91] Constructionbots repairing Combatbots

Post by Rseding91 »

It was a pretty simple fix so I just disabled the ability to repair combat robots :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

It is not a bug.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

kovarex wrote:It is not a bug.
Although not a bug, it doesn't seem intentional.

kaldskryke
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kaldskryke »

I'm afraid this "bug"fix is slightly problematic for a mod I'm making (still Work-In-Progress). I've modded my combat robots to be less of a "temporary" thing and more of a "semi-permanent follower". They live much, much longer both in terms of duration and HP, and I increased build cost to balance it. My hope was that they could survive a couple combat encounters, then I'd take care of them by repairing them.

Maybe it's a bit silly, but I figured if a master roboticist was lonely on a far away world, he would build himself some friends. Combat robots with personality are common in Science Fiction, and I was hoping to slowly expand on this idea by adding some kind of dialogue system.

But if I can't repair my friends, I'll have to switch to adding HP-regeneration. It would lose the feeling that I'm "taking care" of them.

Would it be possible to add a Blacklist to Construction Robots auto-repair instead of preventing repairs completely?

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”