Compatibility with DyTech/F-Mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Compatibility with DyTech/F-Mod

Post by code99 »

Hey,

Do Bob's mods work with DyTech and F-Mod?

If yes, should i enable them in any particular order?

Also, i mean all bob's mods with all dytech (excluding dynamics) mods.

I've seen on the wiki that Bob's mods work well with dytech but nothing else, couldnt confirm this anywhere else.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Compatibility with DyTech/F-Mod

Post by bobingabout »

Bob's mods are not currently available for 0.12.

For 0.11.22... Bob's mods work well with DyTech, and okay with F-Mod, and exceptions within the the code were written to account for some of DyTech's features.

You don't need to choose the order that mods load in, Factorio does that for you.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

bobingabout wrote:Bob's mods are not currently available for 0.12.

For 0.11.22... Bob's mods work well with DyTech, and okay with F-Mod, and exceptions within the the code were written to account for some of DyTech's features.

You don't need to choose the order that mods load in, Factorio does that for you.
Ok, sweet, and yes, i got 11.22 installed.

What do you mean about "okay with F-Mod"?

EDIT: Well, nevermind, I cant even get the game running with dytech and your mods in the mods directory.
If i try launching the game with only one of the collections in the mods folder it works but as soon as i have both DyTech and your mods, i get this error at startup:

---------------------------
Error
Sprite "__base__/graphics/entity/spitter/spitter-run-mask.png" couldn't be loaded
OK

Thanks a bunch

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Factorio 0.12 was released on friday. We havn't updated out mods yet.
Mine should be available for 0.12 either today, or tomorrow. DySoch has told me that DyTech should be updated for some time next week, he hopes tuesday.
I also have a Patreon.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

bobingabout wrote:Factorio 0.12 was released on friday. We havn't updated out mods yet.
Mine should be available for 0.12 either today, or tomorrow. DySoch has told me that DyTech should be updated for some time next week, he hopes tuesday.
But im on 0.11.22 Factorio ...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

oh, right, oops.

Well, that's a spitter graphic. IF it is an issue with my mod, it would be Enemies, so, remove bobenemies from your mods folder, or manually edit mods.json and set bobenemies to false, then try again. if that doesn't fix it, it's not my mods.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Wait, I know what the answer is.

You've ran out of Graphics memory!

It's a common error, and the message is that a specific graphic failed to load.

There are 2 solutions.
1. load less mods
2. Change the graphics settings to use lower quality graphics.

Now, you can just edit the settings file and set the graphics settings to low, or very low, but I'm going to assume thats a bit difficult. So, the alternate solution is to remove the mods folder (move it to the desktop or something) then load the game. Once in the game, change the graphics settings to low, close the game, put the mods folder back, then try loading the game again.
I also have a Patreon.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

Graphics memory?

You mean my GPU memory? Seriously, I've got 4 GB GDDR5 of it on my system, how can factorio with DyTech and your mods use up all of my graphics memory?

Unless, its not my GPU memory we are talking about or the game has a limit of how much it can use ...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, maybe that isn't it then. That's usually the issue though when you get these fails, "Not enough Graphics RAM", but if you have 4GB on your graphics card, that's not it.

I think the base game itself requires something like 400MB of Graphics RAM, and then our mods combined add another 200MB or so, so when people only have a 512MB card, it starts failing.

All I can really sugest is that you turn off mods and turn them on one by one, and see where it fails. and when it does, don't stop there, it could be certain combinations of mods rather than one specific mod.

Other than these general engine errors, like "Too many items" that was fixed or "Not enough graphics RAM", our mods usually work well together.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Dytech was usefful house that had a more powerful drills and furnances with pumpjacks, but now bob mods have analogs except the drills - don't offense at me Bob, but may you can do upgrading technology for faster drills to the their mining area, i mean for each tier whe'll need respective technology for mining area?

And some offtop:
I have wish for improving your loguistic mod:
1) May be you can split part of mod which contains inserters for the small mod which will have dependency from logistic mod
1.1) And another small mod? but this time for inserter part - the 90 degree left and right inserters of all its types, and it will have dependency from inserters mod about which I wrote above

I think this idea will let people choose what they want to use
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

huh, so this was weird ...

I did as you suggested, add mods one by one and this time it worked ... no crashes, no errors ...

Tbh, this whole day was weird, filled with stuff i really cant explain lol (im not complaining mind you).

Well, im off to pollute the world!

Thanks bob for your help!

EDIT: Now im getting crashes mid game about my video memory .... i cant begin to understand how in the world can this game use this much graphics memory?! I can play skyrim with ultra hd texture mods for hours on end without a single problem, i do have a pretty decent GPU with lots of memory. This leads me to believe there is a problem with this game and/or mod/s.

Ill reduce texture quality to the lowest setting possible and see how it goes. Also, idk if this matters or not, i have my game set to utilize all of my graphics memory (there is a setting there that says that).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

code99 wrote:huh, so this was weird ...

I did as you suggested, add mods one by one and this time it worked ... no crashes, no errors ...

Tbh, this whole day was weird, filled with stuff i really cant explain lol (im not complaining mind you).

Well, im off to pollute the world!

Thanks bob for your help!

EDIT: Now im getting crashes mid game about my video memory .... i cant begin to understand how in the world can this game use this much graphics memory?! I can play skyrim with ultra hd texture mods for hours on end without a single problem, i do have a pretty decent GPU with lots of memory. This leads me to believe there is a problem with this game and/or mod/s.

Ill reduce texture quality to the lowest setting possible and see how it goes. Also, idk if this matters or not, i have my game set to utilize all of my graphics memory (there is a setting there that says that).

Actually, I have heard reports of issues if a graphics card has more than 2GB of RAM. it may be beneficial to tell it not to utilise all of your memory, if you can specify how much, I'd recomend you allocate 1GB.
I also have a Patreon.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

Its a setting in game options which says something along the lines of "use graphics memory = low, medium, high, all" ... cant recall the exact words.

Anyway, point is, i cant specify how much but i can try and set it to medium?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Probably, yes. Low makes the game look like crap though.
I also have a Patreon.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

Well, in 0.12 there is no more issues, been playing for hours with everything at max and no crash or anything so thats good!

Love your mods so far, keep up the good work!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Good to hear it!

I'll try to keep the content coming, at least for a while, try and program in some of the planned things I havn't done yet.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”