Water working

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Saquerof
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Water working

Post by Saquerof »

the title may be a bit large but I'm not good whit titles.

ok so right now the water is more of a nuisance they something else and i know that boats and bridges are already discuss.

my idea is simple, after a couple of researches you could be able to find resources in the water ( an example should be oil, it is currently found in water on our planet :D ). so ok you got resources in water so what now?, well why not building mining platforms? like en oil platform or a miner platform that could extract resources from the bottom of the ocean ? you could use drones or other none implemented methods to bring the resources off the platform to a working area... and we could even add water buildings, defences and such .... also water biters?!? the water front is has limitless has the ground front, just needs adaptation.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Water working

Post by Peter34 »

Swimming Biters would be nice, yes, and Flying Biters too.

As for Oil Platforms in the water, that's a neat idea, especially if they're more of a late-game thing, requiring more research to invent than normal Oil Drillers, and if they cost a lot more resources to build, in exchange for having a much higher yield (easily so much that it should have two Crude Oil outlets that you can connect Sea-Pipes to because one single Pipe wouldn't be able to handle the throughout.

Alternatively, limit it to still one Crude/Pipe outlet, but allow the building of Sea Tanks to store the Crude Oil as a buffer, and then a single line of Sea-Pipe can move it to shore.

PTR2013
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PTR2013 »

And a small boat of course, to get to the location where you want to build.

Swimming biters would be so cute :o
In Factorio, we are actually the bad guys. We are attacking the biters on their own planet, destroying their homes. They are trying to stop us, but without succes...

Time for some diplomacy...

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

PTR2013 wrote:And a small boat of course, to get to the location where you want to build.
Unless you have to use robots to build it.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

immibis wrote:
PTR2013 wrote:And a small boat of course, to get to the location where you want to build.
Unless you have to use robots to build it.
Oh snap! Gameplay twist!

Also, I really like the idea of water not being the annoying resource in the game.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”