Expired blueprint refresh

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
lyallp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Expired blueprint refresh

Post by lyallp »

Using Factorio 0.12.0

If I place a blueprint and my robots are a bit slack and the 'ghost' blueprint expires and disappears. (well, maybe my factory was a bit behind in it's production)

How do I 'refresh' that blueprint request?

If I try simply placing the blueprint over the original site, the already constructed items are 'red' and block the imprint.

What must I do to say 'ok, that request timed out, lets try again!'?

...Lyall
...Lyall

tjmonk15
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Expired blueprint refresh

Post by tjmonk15 »

Shift-click

- Monk

lyallp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyallp »

Duh. Got confused with trying to remove red/green wires when I previously posted that shift-click didn't work.

Shift-click whilst placing a blueprint does indeed work if I have previously tried the same blueprint and it timed out.
...Lyall

Tallinu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tallinu »

I'm a little confused. Any time I've placed a blueprint where all the blueprinted objects perfectly overlap with identical items, I never have to use shift-click to place it. I've been using this trick a lot today, to build one arm of a rail junction, with all the signals properly placed, copy it, rotate, place, and repeat until all four directions are filled in. It's a lot less error-prone than trying to manually signal all four entry/exit directions. Then I wipe the partial blueprint and redo it with the entire completed build. The only time it doesn't work is when there's a tree or a stray light or power pole in the way. :D Then I could use shift-click to override so I can more clearly see what's blocking the rest of it, or if I can already tell, just remove the offender and try again.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

Some objects in Factorio have directions, filters, modules settings, etc. When you create a blue print, it captures most of that information. When you try to place a blue print on top of an existing installation, it will complain (red icons -- may be hard to tell if you have lots of stuff) where ever there is a mismatch between item's types, orientations, filters, etc.

An easy example to reproduce is to have an electric furnace feeding a chest (via inserter). Blueprint it. Now, change the chest's storage level (via the red X) and try to build the blue print on top of itself. It won't work. Add a module to the furnace? Again, it will complain. Rotate the blueprint? Won't work (seems like electric furnaces have orientations).

Also, some objects need to be placed "on-grid". These include rail tracks, signals, stations, etc. They may not want to be built if your blue print is not symmetric (north-south being one tile off, etc.)

Rail signals are also extra picky. If you have an existing signal one tile off of the new position, and have it marked for deconstruction, you still can't use a blueprint to build the new one until the old one has been removed.

When that happen, and you're sure you are building the right thing, just shift-click to build what it can. Better yet, make sure a blue print that looks symmetrical is actually symmetrical. Sometimes I even include a rail track in my large blueprints just to make sure that they are correctly aligned.

Return to “Gameplay Help”