[0.12] Hand stack automatically refills when splitting stack

Bugs that are actually features.
Racusthor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12] Hand stack automatically refills when splitting stack

Post by Racusthor »

Hey guys,

So i am not sure whether this is a bug or a feature but it changed since the previous versions and i don't like it.

In factorio 11.x (and before):
When you got a stack of 50 coal(or anything else) in your hand and control rightclick on anything that takes coal, 25 drops in there and there remains 25 in your hand and when done again 12 goes in and 13 remains in hand.
I used this to split things fast and easy.

However in 12.0:
When a stack is split, half of it indeed goes in, but instead of leaving half in your hand, it is refilled to a full stack. (only when enough items in inventory, otherwise filled till inventory is empty).

So i hope this will be changed back, it was very easy for filling miners and furnaces with right ratios of fuel.

Greetz,

Racusthor

lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12] Hand stack automatically refills when splitting stack

Post by lxl »

:-)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Consider a full playtime. What is the proportion between the "hand-fueled smelting" and the proportion of "automated fueling of smelting" in terms of time ?
This change was one I secretely hoped would come :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

This an incredibly irritating change. I absolutely hate it.

I split stacks because I want to even distribute things between machines, now it takes all my split stacks and combines them all together in my hand. Not only is not listed in the changelog, but it's incredibly annoying & frustrating. I'm glad someone's happy about it, but for such a minor change, man this is now the most hated part of the game for me.

alphajohn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alphajohn »

I'll have to agree... if I wanted to fill the machines up, I'd just duble-click the stack in my hand, I too hate this update... :C

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

Some players hate the start. This change makes the start even more cumbersome.

I like the start, or used to anyway.
Please consider reverting to the classic behaviour of Split Entity.
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

Tallinu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tallinu »

What if, instead of dropping items out of the stack in hand and then auto-refilling it, the game simply subtracted the number of dropped items from the items in your inventory (if present) instead of the items in hand? That way, if someone wants to hold a full stack of 50 and drop as much as possible of it into every machine they click, they can do it... And if they want to drop half a stack into each machine, likewise... But if they want to drop, say, 10 items into each machine, they can pick up 10 from the inventory and ctrl-click each machine, and the stack in hand doesn't change size, while the items in inventory decrease by 10 with each click (unless the machine was too full). This seems to me like a superior solution that gives everyone the options they want.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

I could take that. I really hate being forced to use full stacks or take twice as long manually opening things. I dont mond the hand refilling, what bugs me is being forced to usr full stacks.

Return to “Not a bug”