A big Step in the evolution of Factorio

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A big Step in the evolution of Factorio

Post by aka13 »

Oh my god, you want me to write a personal apology and thank you for your blessed 3 copies of factorio? You want me to get banned? You feel that you are undervalued and should be praised? If you would be anything older than 12, you would not have felt the need to even reply to my statement, yet you have to state your age, and how many copies you bought just to what, prove a stranger wrong on the internet? gg

Also, the way you have to defend "MUH FAVOURITE YOUTUBER" with some sort of statistics and comparisons is hilarious. As said, what I say of dw20 is my opinion, and I honestly do not care about the very important arguments and data you have to prove yourself. What is the point? WHere was I acting all mighty? What, by disliking a youtuber and calling out the obvious target audience he has? If you are not his target audience and like him, sure, man, it's your thing, whatever floats your boat, so what? DOes it somehow invalidate me?

Also I love how you judge the community after 1 message you dislike. Spewing around words like toxic, problems, etc. You frequent reddit much?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

OK people, I'd like to see no more personal attacks.
And when I say I'd like, I mean "stop them right now".

This forum is globally very self-policed with mostly mature people speaking with mutual respect and maturity. And it shall remain so.
If the fighting continues, the topic will get locked.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Couchmonster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Couchmonster »

I am a big fan of direwolf20 and also played his modpack.
Sincerely looking forward to it.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

The worth-a-buy guy on YouTube is also crazily positive about Factorio. Kikewise about 7 Days to Die, another one of my favourite early-access games. He has made 3 videos about 7D2D over the last year or a bit longer, and at least 1 about Factorio (and chances are that he'll follow the same policy as with 7D2D, and return to Factorio every so often, maybe every 4 or 5 or 6-7 months, to do an updated "review", especially since he's so positive about the game).

Not something I think is worth starting a new thread about, but he seems to have a following, and given that what he does is basically that he buys and evaluates games, including early access alpha games, to help others decide whether to buy them or not, it seems quite valuable.

Luofu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Luofu »

aka13 wrote:Oh my god...
aka13. No offense. We all want factorio to grow. The factorio community to grow.

Every Youtube Channel has ppl with negative influence.

We are just like that. We represent the Factorio community. Bashing on a youtube channel is not a nice thing to do.

And your comments are just like that of a 13years old(not physically of course).
see. I was not nice there right?

We can think and can have opinions. but it is not always good/positive to express one's thoughts.

I personally welcome every new Factorio player. Whether 10years or 80years old.

Peter34 wrote:The worth-a-buy guy on YouTube is also crazily positive about Factorio...
It was already mentioned somewhere on the forum. Yeah. Worth-a-buy is very positive towards Factorio. An alpha game even. ;)

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

berni1212 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxW7EQh-s1I

Direwolf20 a Big Minecraft Let's Player started an Factorio Series it will be getting full here soon :)

have fun with it and Good news :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxW7EQh-s1I
He was, effectively, the one who referred me.
the DireArmy will prevail. Opponents of the DireArmy will be upgraded, or they will be deleted! delete, delete, delete
*sincerely hopes someone got the reference*
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Direwolf finally posted a 13th Factorio video, after a break lasting something like 3 weeks.

Youtuber Mortus also posted a first Let's Play video about a week ago, and based on encouraging posts from me and perhaps 1 or 2 others he has more-or-less promised to make more videos, but haven't done so yet.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

I think direwolf20 presents some of the most common errors made by experienced Minecraft players starting on Factorio. Could be a nice case study of what _not_ to do ;)

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

sillyfly wrote:I think direwolf20 presents some of the most common errors made by experienced Minecraft players starting on Factorio. Could be a nice case study of what _not_ to do ;)
Well, start a thread about that, over in the Gameplay Help subforum. Actually, since a significant minority of new Factorio players probably will be coming directly over from having played Minecraft for years, make a thread specifically about that.

I've never played Minecraft, so I won't be able to help, though. But in general it can often be a good idea to help players new to a game by comparing-and-contrasting it to something similar that they're already familiar with.

Return to “Spread the Word”