Who is back for .12 !

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Who is back for .12 !

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

With the news starting to show life of .12 being out real soon, I updated my factorio yesterday fron 11.10 to 11.22. 6 months ago. 6 months ago was (everyone yell at me, I need ittt) the last time I played factorio. (I have a lot of friends I play different games with, thats my excuse)
I loaded up one of my old saves with rso mod, and I saw loops (ahfhfheofnehwhahhhhhhhfbrjd my eyes)
Spent a couple hours upgrading the network.

But, with .12 coming close, I am ready. Just talked in ColonelWill's stream last night, seems like he is ready also :)
Will... get your soda and popcorn, me.... I.. will grab a gun! Haha.

So, who else has recently started playing again? (Or playing more due to hype)
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Who is back for .12 !

Post by FishSandwich »

I haven't stopped playing since 0.8 :D

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

FishSandwich wrote:I haven't stopped playing since 0.8 :D
I just saw the Split Dependencies concept, and skimped through a bit of the series. That is one hell of a fun looking idea. Good to see you still around Fish ^^
What ever happend to that one series you were doing, Where it was like.. a 20-30 minute episode of different people building a base, to RD. We worked on blue science packs ;)

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

I haven't stopped playing sense 0.9 :D
OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:
I just saw the Split Dependencies concept, and skimped through a bit of the series. That is one hell of a fun looking idea. Good to see you still around Fish ^^
What ever happend to that one series you were doing, Where it was like.. a 20-30 minute episode of different people building a base, to RD. We worked on blue science packs ;)
Glad you like the SD series, it is super fun! Also I think the other series you are referring to was the Hydra Dilemma. That wentp for 70+ episodes I believe. :)
Image Image Image

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Xterminator wrote:I haven't stopped playing sense 0.9 :D
OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:
Glad you like the SD series, it is super fun! Also I think the other series you are referring to was the Hydra Dilemma. That wentp for 70+ episodes I believe. :)
I wasn't in the Hydra Dilemma ;)
Found the video thanks to fish making real good use of youtubes playlist feature... was the series "Play with Fish"
i guess i was the last video of it ;(

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Why, I do like playing 0.12, it's really nice.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Oxyd wrote:Why, I do like playing 0.12, it's really nice.
You tease :P
If it's that good, why don't you release it already?

Keyalha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Keyalha »

I am playing Factorio on and off since i think 0.9 i mostly play it on a frenzy where i play it for 5+ hours a day for weeks and then dont touch it for month.
Im currently doing a mod playthrough that might not see its end if .12 hits soon.

Although my expectations are moderate since its only the first part of the endgame I doubt we get little more then the actual rocket starting and see the next part once .13 hits.

Any clear info on what exactly will be in .12?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Keyalha wrote:Any clear info on what exactly will be in .12?
Yep.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=3&t=678

Keyalha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Keyalha »

I am aware of that post fish. It still strikes me odd that the first part of endgame is simply replacing the rocket defense with a rocket that maybe takes more stuff to build and call it endgame part 1?

While the optimisations are welcome and all it just seems its very thin content wise if this is the case considering the amount of time between major versions.
As for the personal roboport that thing has been around as a mod for quite a while so i sorta omit that.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

I came back for 0.11.22 and have been back since then. Can't wait to get my hands on 0.12.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

I haven't played since 0.11.7 or so, since I'm not a fan of the new endgame idea and wanted to see how it would pan out. But there's so much new stuff planned for 0.12, and so many new modding possibilities!

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

I'm waiting impatiently for it to be released. Though I'll be waiting impatiently for all the mods to be fixed once it's out. I do hope we can get Steam soon as well!

kuriosly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kuriosly »

I came back for 11, saw that 12 was gonna happen, so didnt play. Because 48 hours.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Cant play .12 after the release

Vacation

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Keyalha wrote:I am aware of that post fish. It still strikes me odd that the first part of endgame is simply replacing the rocket defense with a rocket that maybe takes more stuff to build and call it endgame part 1?

While the optimisations are welcome and all it just seems its very thin content wise if this is the case considering the amount of time between major versions.
As for the personal roboport that thing has been around as a mod for quite a while so i sorta omit that.
Don't complain.

Just enjoy.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Keyalha wrote:I am aware of that post fish. It still strikes me odd that the first part of endgame is simply replacing the rocket defense with a rocket that maybe takes more stuff to build and call it endgame part 1?

Other things that (should be) in 0.12 (If I recall correctly, I may be wrong :) ) :
1. Floors / pavements (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-67 / https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-87)
2. Combinators (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-88)
3. Chain signals (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-81)
4. New turret footprint / sprites (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-89). I believe this is indeed part of 0.12, though it doesn't say so clearly. Could be wrong though. Keep in mind this is more than just a cosmetic change, as the 2x1 size of the current gun-turrets makes it impossible to use them in blueprints.
5. Behemoth biters/spitters (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-84)
6. New combat robots graphics/animations (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-84)
And not to forget the lag-hiding, which will presumably make multiplayer a much smoother experience!

The "End game, part 1" is actually the part I least look forward to!

Keyalha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Keyalha »

@ Sillyfly that sounds exactly like what i was looking for.
Im currently very busy so i can not piece the info together myself this helps a lot huge thanks for that.

As for the endgame I look forward to the endgame the most.
Currently mods provide that endgame I just hope all major mods keep adjusting to fit into the new endgame.

Don't get me wrong I dont dislike the update its the actual opposite I really look foward to it.

gullfounder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gullfounder »

Where is the update already? Also not Friday Fact uploaded yet too.... :cry:

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =5&t=13406

0.12 postponed due to too many bugs. My guess is the guys tried staying late in an attempt to get to something they can release, which is why the FFF post is also late.
Either that or they all went out for beers. They are from the Czech Republic, after all :D

Return to “General discussion”