Bad gateway when trying to purchase?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Arahknid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bad gateway when trying to purchase?

Post by Arahknid »

I am guessing that it has something to do with the bank? Maybe? But over the past couple days I have tried at different times and ended up getting the same error after trying to buy the Alpha version of the game. I don't recall the EXACT wording but it was very similar to this:

Gateway error contacting Braintree

Or something like that. I am afraid of doing it again to get the exact message because if it is just backlogging the purchases I am going to end up with three copies of the game as it stands. I did read over the FAQ section and Troubleshooting guide for purchasing, but it didn't say anything about getting that Gateway error. Also, there wasn't an error number to go with it but it did have the colon at the end as if there would be.

Any thoughts?

**EDITED: Forgot to add that I am in the USA and using a Visa that I know works due to having made other purchases.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bad gateway when trying to purchase?

Post by sillyfly »

betka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by betka »

Write please to support@factorio.com.

Adolf01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adolf01 »

Well, it's mostly beyond your control. A 502 usually indicates there's something wrong with a website's server, or the way a website's servers communicate with each other. Another reason is also because there's something wrong with your service provider.

In most cases, the 502 should go away after a few hours.

Diresheep
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Diresheep »

I have had the same error occur to me yesterday, and know that the money was withdrawn from my account, but have yet to get any sort of response from support at factorio dot com. Extremely frustrating that I can't play a game I have apparently paid for.

betka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by betka »

As for all these things, especially Visa card owners, the fact that your card was charged doesn't yet mean that the money arrived to Factorio. If there is a problem with the credit card setting, limits, CVV/AVS doesn't match, if there is a typo or any similar kind of obstacle, the money isn't sent further, and after a few days the provider returns it to the account of origin. I usually recommend to contact the provider with this kind of issues, and will recommend it per email to everyone who writes, but as the problem arises before money successfully gets to us, there's not much we can do, sorry for the inconvenience.

wohlraj
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wohlraj »

Had the same issue yesterday, my VISA card was correctly debited (the bank has received the authorization), but I got the (unknown) error with Braintree.
This mean the amount of 20€ is blocked from my bank account as long as the payment authorization is valid (7 to 10 days)...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

wohlraj wrote:Had the same issue yesterday, my VISA card was correctly debited (the bank has received the authorization), but I got the (unknown) error with Braintree.
This mean the amount of 20€ is blocked from my bank account as long as the payment authorization is valid (7 to 10 days)...
Yep, we're sorry about this, but at this time there isn't much we can do. We are trying to sort it out with the payment provider, as a lot of people have been having this issue, and we are fully aware as to how frustrating and inconvenient it is

wohlraj
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wohlraj »

Klonan wrote:Yep, we're sorry about this, but at this time there isn't much we can do. We are trying to sort it out with the payment provider, as a lot of people have been having this issue, and we are fully aware as to how frustrating and inconvenient it is
Thanks for the feedback, I've bought the game anyway using PayPal.

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tehroach »

Klonan wrote:
wohlraj wrote:Had the same issue yesterday, my VISA card was correctly debited (the bank has received the authorization), but I got the (unknown) error with Braintree.
Yep, we're sorry about this, but at this time there isn't much we can do. We are trying to sort it out with the payment provider, as a lot of people have been having this issue, and we are fully aware as to how frustrating and inconvenient it is
Do we need to cancel the Authorization with our banks to prevent it from going through or will it just drop off automatically?

Do you have a time-frame on when this issue will be resolved?
as I was hoping to buy Factorio (outside of steam) for my god sons birthday gift.

Return to “Technical Help”