deactivating train stations by red/green wires

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

reset
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

deactivating train stations by red/green wires

Post by reset »

You have built a big factory with a train network.
But let's assume, you gain a lot more copper than iron.
It would be useful, to be able to automatically disable the train station,
which your copper mine is connected to, when the logistic network has more than x copper stored.

Sorry, that I spam this forum with my Ideas at the Moment (like 3 in 15 minutes) :D

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: deactivating train stations by red/green wires

Post by n9103 »

I'm assuming that either you're running one train for both pickups and drop offs, or you've only got the one drop off?
If the former, then you should make a train route that has you stopping at the one station more than the other.
If the latter, or two unconnected routes, you can either make them wait far longer than needed at the loading station, or put additional mid-route stops with longer waits as well.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: deactivating train stations by red/green wires

Post by SilverWarior »

Activating and deactinvating train stations is not a good idea as it could lead to many problems (pathfinding).

You could always prevent trains from being loaded with certain resources by using smart inserters for laoding trains conected to red/green wires (if red/green signal is on load the train else not). But the train will still wait its time on the station and could in the end even run empty.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”