Uniform weapon bonuses

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

wwdragon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Uniform weapon bonuses

Post by wwdragon »

Right now, the vehicle weapons get no bonuses from weapons research and this kinda sucks.

I'd really like all things that I make to get bonuses from my research, so long as it's the same weapon.
For example, if I make the tank, it has an smg; it's the same weapon I can carry by hand and is mounted in the tank by default.
Turrets have a separate damage research for every single type and that doesn't really make sense, since all machineguns are similar in operation.

Bringing all research bonuses into a uniform type would make it easier to apply the bonuses across the board and it would be a lot less confusing.
Researching machineguns should give bonuses to any machinegun held by hand, by turret or by vehicle... so on and so forth.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Uniform weapon bonuses

Post by ssilk »

Moved from concepts
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

I never heard of a tank having a submachine gun mounted on it though. Don't they mount something like a 50 caliber machine gun?

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Turrets have a separate damage research for every single type
Are you sure? The wiki states that turrets have an ADDITIONAL damage research that stacks with bullets.

Vehicles could definitely use some love. It's a shame they don't get half the nice stuff that a player gets.

wwdragon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by wwdragon »

bobucles wrote:
Turrets have a separate damage research for every single type
Are you sure? The wiki states that turrets have an ADDITIONAL damage research that stacks with bullets.

Vehicles could definitely use some love. It's a shame they don't get half the nice stuff that a player gets.
Since there is no direct damage listing on the machinegun turret, I cannot be sure.
However, when I have those up while 8/0 physical resist creeps are swarming, they do no more damage then I do... which is about 1 per bullet shot. :-(

If they are getting damage bonuses from both the basic research & turret research, then they must be using standard bullet, because they are completely ineffective against those aliens mentioned above. :-(

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”