Moons

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Moons

Post by ssilk »

Today is fullmoon and you know that he influence life on earth much. So also on the creepers planet. Did you know, that life on earth wouldn't be possible without moon?

Ok, but what should a moon do there?

As mentioned, it influences all the alien live. Animals, creepers, but also trees. Creepers get more aggressive, animals also and they reproduce themselves. Trees reproduce, too, so if you cut too much, you destroy the forest.

Then a moon can also cause a solar eclipse. This happens, when the moon is between planet and sun, and that happens, when the moon crosses the ecliptic while pointing to the sun.
No light, no solar-energy... Nothing more has to be said... :)

The next are the tides. We have lakes and they have all the same level, so the are connected. And so they have tides, two times a day. Could be funny to see, how the water is coming and going. I don't think, that it should be a strategic element now (doing the Moses trick or other stuff), but maybe in future. Now I think it is just fun to see the tides. I think, the fishes might live only in the deep water. And to get better to them you can walk in the swallow water while low tide.

The last thing is the light. When full moon, the night is not completely dark. On new moon the night is most dark and a bit longer than normal. Creepers love that! :)

Because one moon will make everything a bit more "random" and happen more often, having two would increase that.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Moons

Post by ssilk »

For the eclipses: you can research and built little machines, which calculates the next eclipse. And sell them to the creepers, which pay you with eggs.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Solar eclipses take only minutes from the entire days, so I doubt it would make my power collapse.

But sure, having them could make it less monotonous.. especially if the "strength" and duration of the eclipse would be randomized.
A machine displaying a countdown to the next event.. ouch.. that would be IMO horrible. It would be like having a creeper wave countdown displayed. Or any other "Hey player, this is a timer, when it expires a game event happens"

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ok, forget the calculating machines. They are stupid.
But eclipses can be calculated very exact. And I mean, that the moon is bigger than ours, so, the eclipse lasts longer. And I don't want random eclipses, I want it calculated exactly.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”