Bug reports

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Bug reports

Post by orzelek »

Please post bugs in this topic.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bug reports

Post by ssilk »

Not a bug, but please could you make it work with https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 14&t=10256 Evolution | Alien Manipulation ?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It should be working with it already - I'm using it with Evolution mod now and have the alien ore spawning.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

There are two alien ores, peacemod has its own, which looks identical and may also be identical named. Maybe a conflict?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

They are differently named fortunately so no problems there.

Tristitan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tristitan »

hey i have a bug i think, i play with shadow's megamod and when i start a new game i don't have any rare earth in my starting area, i have creatine but no rare earth. When i look at the settings in rso it shows that it has a starting patch for rare earth but i don't get one

help please?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Rare earth is configured to be chance based for starting area - you might not get it.
There are also some rare cases when there is a lot of water near start that it fails to spawn the resource.

BezLovesFactorio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BezLovesFactorio »

Hey, I've just got to say, running Factorio 64bit, RSO latest version, peacemod latest version. I have a bit of a problem. No alien ore is spawning on the map. None. Is this a bug? I turn off RSO, alien ore appears, turn it on, nothing, all gone. New start as well. I go into editor, and I can manually place it. RSO is not spawning any alien ore. It's depressing :(

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

BezLovesFactorio wrote:Hey, I've just got to say, running Factorio 64bit, RSO latest version, peacemod latest version. I have a bit of a problem. No alien ore is spawning on the map. None. Is this a bug? I turn off RSO, alien ore appears, turn it on, nothing, all gone. New start as well. I go into editor, and I can manually place it. RSO is not spawning any alien ore. It's depressing :(
Short question - are you getting any warning when starting the game?
Also make sure you start the game with RSO and peace mod from start. Adding peace mod to running game with RSO will not make it notice new ore.

Edit:
Quick check with RSO 1.1.1 and peacemod 0.1.0 shows that alien ore is generated. I think it might be to scarce - it was balanced by guessing really. Not sure how much of it is needed - I was able to find 4 patches in 2k by 2k area around center.

BezLovesFactorio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BezLovesFactorio »

Yeah, it's kind of a little bit too scarce, in that I haven't found any. Like,I tested it, and was able to walk past 3 large iron deposits, 2 copper, a double coal, and not see any. Which is worrying, you are thinking, what if there isn't any? I think there should be at least a small one in your starting area similar to the other resources, just to at least let you know it's working. I think the thing is, this resource would be better if it were more often, but in less amounts, similar to oil. I also think that it's presence should be felt at the same time I would normally be attacking biter spawns, which would be on the edge of the starting area.

Anyways, is there any method to reconfigure from the config file?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There is a peacemod.lua file in resourceconfigs directory.
Increasing allotment will make the ore more frequent - set it to around 100 to make it on par with copper/iron.
Setting it higher will make it more frequent still at cost of making other ores less frequent.

Original mod is putting this ore in places where bases would be - this possibility is not present in RSO atm and it's a bit of work to add.

AmbulatoryCortex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AmbulatoryCortex »

Starting ore does not respond appropriately to size and richness changes. One cannot increase richness and size in the config without disproportionately increasing the value of starting deposits. Instead, it will have the same per-tile value regardless of any size setting in config.lua or vanilla.lua(even after I lowered starting richness in vanilla.lua by two orders of magnitude). I ended up needing to work around it by severely decreasing the starting deposit size in vanilla.lua so I didn't end up with way too much starting resources. This meant I could only fit a small number of burner miners on the deposits.

After the aforementioned workaround, it was mostly how I wanted it and was quite a lot of fun.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I had an intention to add a separate starting area richness multiplier.
Not sure if it will happen now - mod is being restructured by yeganer and there will be a new release out of that.

Urbs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Urbs »

I am getting the following error while trying to load a saved game attempting to use RSO for the first time:

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Urbs wrote:I am getting the following error while trying to load a saved game attempting to use RSO for the first time:

Picture linked above doesn't work. Trying to open it by hand suggests that it's protected by privacy settings.

Also adding RSO to already running game might net some strange effects - it's not a tested variant of usage :D

Urbs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Urbs »

Odd lol sorry here is the link to the error i am receiving.

http://prntscr.com/83iymc

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Urbs wrote:Odd lol sorry here is the link to the error i am receiving.

Did you download latest version?
It seems that one you have is not compatible with Factorio 0.12.x.

Urbs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Urbs »

orzelek wrote:
Urbs wrote:Odd lol sorry here is the link to the error i am receiving.

Did you download latest version?
It seems that one you have is not compatible with Factorio 0.12.x.

Gah.... thought i did but i went into the wrong thread.

Thank you :)

razorts
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by razorts »

I get this error
Error while running the event handler: __rso-mod__/control.lua:632: Unknown entity name(creatine)
Happens every time 100% when i kill some creeper or spawner mabe

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

razorts wrote:I get this error
Error while running the event handler: __rso-mod__/control.lua:632: Unknown entity name(creatine)
Happens every time 100% when i kill some creeper or spawner mabe
Just adding new version - please check if problem still happens with it.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”