Description and information

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Description and information

Post by orzelek »

This mod overrides in-game Perlin noise based resource/units spawning system by region divided spawning system.

It changes resource spawning to be region based - by default regions are big which promotes using of trains. Resources will be more sparse so more logistics will be required to supply your base. As a bonus resources further away from start location will be more rich.

RSO also controls spawning of biter bases to make it easier for a player to move further into the wilds, but don't expect resources to be biter-free.

Mods that don't modify resources should work without problems. Support is present for most of large mods (DyTech, Bob's mods, Yuoki industries, Uranium power) and some of smaller ones. NARmod support is planned.

If you receive information about not supported ores (will be printed after game start) please post them in feedback thread along with information which mods are used. I'll try to add support for those mods then.
Telling RSO to ignore surface - exclude it from ore spawning
Usage instructions
Starting locations handling instructions

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Description and information

Post by orzelek »

Mod will read and use settings from map generation dialog. Those settings will be applied additionally on top of configuration file settings as multipliers.

Default mod settings can be changed in config.lua file - quite a lot of options are present there to allow for mod personalization.
Basic description of options is available in config.lua. More details on some of the options below.
If something is not clear/understandable please post in the feedback forum and I'll add some more descriptions (either here or in config.lua itself).

Both override_* options are currently only supported with full override. I might remove them completely - keeping standard resource generation doesn't make a lot of sense from my perspective. Additional options for making biters more difficult are present in the mod so there should be no need to use default biters.
Resource options
Enemy options

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”