I NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
marks73345
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

I NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by marks73345 »

So I really like this game but I cant buy it cause it says that try it in demo first so I tried it but it said to open this I need an app can someone tell me which app I need.
I got a probook 6450b 64 bit

TTTTTHHHHAAAAANNNNKKKKK YYYYYOOOOUUUU !!!!!! :D 8-)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by daniel34 »

Please give us more information about how you wanted to start the game. Factorio doesn't need any additional app to launch.

You should have downloaded one of these two versions:
  • MS Windows (64 bit exe installer)
    There should be an icon for Factorio on your desktop and/or in the start menu
  • MS Windows (64 bit zip package)
    You need to extract the downloaded .zip-file (right click and select "Extract All") and then launch the game by opening Factorio_0.11.22\bin\x64\Factorio.exe
If you still can't start the game, please post a screenshot of the error message you got.

EDIT: I think this should go under 'Technical Help'
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from off-topic.
BTW: shouting never helped. ( http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1173 ... de-yelling )
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

marks73345
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by marks73345 »

I click 64 bit exe installer I wait for it to say 100% then a screen opens from the internet and shows the download I click save then I click an arrow and it says open or open with

marks73345
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by marks73345 »

I CLICK ON IT either it takes me to the internet and says on the hot bar blank or it takes me to View Downloads - Window Internet explorer

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Things to try:

1. Use a different browser to download it, like Google Chrome.

2. Forget the exe, just download the zip file, unzip it, and play that.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

1) go to http://www.factorio.com
2) click the orange button on the right, which reads 'Try Demo'
3) Click on the first orange link (MS Windows (64 bit exe installer))
4) There should be a pop-up of some kind asking you to 'open' or 'save' the file
5) Choose open, the Factorio setup assistent should start (you might get a warning of some kind, in that case, select 'open anyway' or something like that)
marks73345 wrote:I click 64 bit exe installer I wait for it to say 100% then a screen opens from the internet and shows the download I click save then I click an arrow and it says open or open with
choose 'open' and the installer starts

or as DaveMcW said, open in a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) or try with the zip-package.

Should all of the above fail, repeat the steps seen above, but select 'save' instead of 'open'.
Open the start menu, enter %homepath%\Downloads into the search field and press enter on the keyboard.
A folder will pop up, look in that folder for a file named Setup_FactorioDemo_x64_0.11.22.exe, double-click on it and it should start the installation.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

marks73345
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by marks73345 »

Ttttthhhhhaaaannnnkkkk yyyyyoooouuuu ggggguuuuuyyyyyyysssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Technical Help”