Crash on Startup, Sprite sheets were 0 bytes

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Crash on Startup, Sprite sheets were 0 bytes

Post by salbris »

Hey,

I just bought the game and immediately had issues running it. It seems like the executable download has some issues with corruption and I've looked around the forums so it seems like this is a constant issue.

I solved the problem by just downloading the Zip file of the game instead and copying over all the files in data/base/graphics/.
This solved my issue.

Perhaps the execute should could without the assets but it loads them in after and does the extra logic to make sure they are corrupted?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Crash on Startup, Sprite sheets were 0 bytes

Post by kovarex »

Hello, It seems like the download got corrupted but It wasn't detected for some reason. I was not able to reproduce the problem, but as You managed to solve it let's put it into 1/0 magic.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Crash on Startup, Sprite sheets were 0 bytes

Post by SHiRKiT »

Maybe the check missmatched somehow. If using CRC this is quite possible to happen, when you think in a really large pool of occasions (millions). But since this is a really frequent issue, I think the problem is something else that is slippery as melting ice.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”