Semi-automatic and extra train options.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Johnny8Bob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Semi-automatic and extra train options.

Post by Johnny8Bob »

First there needs to be a second mode for the train to be active on, where it just goes where you tell it without needing to activate the auto mode. (so it doesn't just leave you after a designated amount of time, and never being able to get it back until it does its roundabout)

Also to add to this "Elevator'ish" mode there needs to be a calling device that you can add to the track (or a button/do hicky on the station, I dont know) where you link it to a train and whenever you activate it (However you want to go about doing a button like activation switch or something else its up to you) it calls that train! And then there could be a default for the train, where after so many sec/min it goes back to a specific station (There also could be a specialized station that doesn't have to be assigned to a train, the train just goes to the nearest of said "sub station" [or whatever you want to call it] and waits for commands) so it doesn't get in the way of other trains.

I thought this could be great for fast transportation, and fun to mess with!

Johnny8Bob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Semi-automatic and extra train options.

Post by Johnny8Bob »

Well yes you can do that but it would be easier with the options that I proposed in my post, let alone the fetch tactic is very limited.

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

I think that an option of "go to this and that station and then stop there" would be very helpful in larger train networks, where you want to ride the train.

As for the other options: I'm not convinced that you need them. Of course they might make some interactions a little smoother, but I see trains as another means of automation, namely long distance resources transport. And in that regard, they are working VERY nicely (especially with the new signal types coming up). I don't think that trains should be turned into an elaborate taxi service.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This mod is is ready for implementation into the vanilla: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =68&t=4504
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”