Wooden mast and cable connecting

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MpPozor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Wooden mast and cable connecting

Post by MpPozor »

Hello.
I'm dreaming about wooden mast which has no power radius. It can wear only one type of cables (mainly for power cables).
Why no power radius? It's simple. I like to have mining drills powered only by solar arrays but other machines by steam.
But we need to connect mast to machines using cables.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Wooden mast and cable connecting

Post by n9103 »

No reason that you can't have a separate power grid unconnected to your main one.
Even when you've got a smelting shop at your mining point, it takes almost no space to build a separate power grid.

It does mean keeping solar panels out at mining sites, but since they don't attract creeps separately, that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I would make the same suggestion. Keep the ways through the panels/mines broad, because when the creepers get stuck, the destroy something to make place.

Or is the problem, that the poles (masts) do auto connect and it is difficult to separate the networks? Not really understood...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrozenOne »

He wanted to have poles that don't automatically power all adjacent structures but only those directly connected by a wire. For example, to power a factory from solar network, while its inserters/guarding turrets get powered from steam network. A small pole for those who like manual wire micromanagement.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Perhaps so: a pole powers the area he covers, unless you use a wire to power a single item.

?

See also this thread: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=6&t=961
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

Won't implement

This kind of poles would be very unuseful, and we have now big electric poles with the very small radius of power coverage if some wants to precisely connect machines to energy sources.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”