Pipes and Wires

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Pipes and Wires

Post by DragonPox90210 »

I've noticed that some large scale mining can be limited by how far the electrical poles can reach, the only solution I could think of is to make underground cables that can be placed out of the way.
As for pipes I think that adding pressure would add some more complexity to boilers; having pipes that burst if the pressure is too great(pressure would increase with heat), having pipes made of stronger materials to resist ruptures, and valves to turn on and off water flow.
I've also been wondering what the use for "pipe to ground" is as I haven't found any use for them

Risugami
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Pipes and Wires

Post by Risugami »

"pipe to ground" has the same use as the underground belts.

Candunc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Candunc »

Well, there is a 'small electrical pole', so chances are later in development there will be a 'large electrical pole' that will have larger reach and be more expensive to build.

Xinvoker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xinvoker »

Candunc wrote:Well, there is a 'small electrical pole', so chances are later in development there will be a 'large electrical pole' that will have larger reach and be more expensive to build.
Yes there will, the devs have confirmed it somewhere.

But I don't agree that large scale mining is limited by it. Electric mining drills are a 3x3 size and mine a 5x5 area, which means it's better to place them with a gap between them, which is a perfect place to put the electric pole.

coolmanme101
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by coolmanme101 »

It would be cool if they had underground wires that would reach very long distances to clear up space and would require a power pole to draw from.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Then please make a new suggestion. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”