New Factorio with Mods series

Post about Let's plays and streams.
Cyril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New Factorio with Mods series

Post by Cyril »

Hey Guys

I'm new to the whole streaming thing as I say a few times in my videos, I'm six episodes in and starting now to get a little more confident with the speaking thing, hopefully if anyone gives my series a watch they'll hear me getting more confident throughout, I've taken inspiration from watching videos from the likes of Arumba, Steejo, Fish and many many more, saw how they were doing things and thought I can do that (hopefully) ....

For a long time I've been skulking in the background of the forums and reading lots of posts, but now with making the youtube series I thought it was time to say it's there and hey to all the people who play the game and a big thank you to the people who make it and let me have so much fun.

anyway the mods i'm playing with are:

Compact Power
F.A.R.L.
Landfill
Larger Inventory
More Logistic Slots
TiTans Mod
Treefarm
Larger Accumulators
Bob's Mods
Bulldozer
Peacemod

and a link to the series is below.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... f-tvKA3-b3

Hope anyone who watches it enjoys it and helps me grow with any advice you can give me.
Check out my Factorio Videos at THIS CLICKY THINGY

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New Factorio with Mods series

Post by Koub »

Hi,

Took the liberty to move your topic to our Videos section, and replace it by a link in spread the world. Have a nice time with Factorio :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Cyril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyril »

Cheers, did wonder if I'd placed it right.

Cyril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyril »

Hey everyone

Just wanted to drop a quick update my factorio series is progressing nicely, got the makings of a very big factory now, I'm 8 episodes in now and really enjoying making the videos, I'm a little nervous in the beginning as making them is something I've never done before.

I went through yesterday and changed all the thumbnails on my videos to something that reflects each episode, this was on the advice of another youtuber and have to say some look quite cool.

I have also invested in Sony Vegas movie studio suite as well so I will have more professional effects and cutscenes for certain parts.

I really want to make some videos you all enjoy, i will be putting another episode up with today or tomorrow but Sony Vegas arrives next week (cheepy off amazon) so the better videos will be then.

If you have any advice or things you'd like me to do in the series let me know.

Cheers guys, hope you enjoy.

Link to playlist.... http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... f-tvKA3-b3

Cyril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyril »

Hi folks

Another quick update...... (honest)

12 episodes up now and getting into the swing of things, I do a lot of things different to other people playing, I have also had notification from Amazon to say my Sony Vegas will be here in the next couple of days, I just wanted to run past you some of the things I'm thinking of doing, so I fancy adding facecam so you can all see the confusion on my face when putting these builds together, the next thing I want to do is speed up annoyingly slow parts e.g. cutting down a million trees, I don;t want to cut them out completely just speed them up and add some funny music (royalty free of course), I also want to add some overlays and make it a bit more professional looking.

Talking about professionalism I've just purchased a blue snowball microphone http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microphone ... 879&sr=1-3 so I should sound a bit better too, unfortunately it can't do anything about my Yorkshire accent...

So far that's all I can think of, if you guys have any further suggestions for me please let me know, I really want to build a series you all love and get into.

a lot of the nerves have gone now and I'm still getting more confident with it, i can already see a massive improvement from my first video to the twelfth I just uploaded.

Cheers all
Cyril

Playlist is located at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... f-tvKA3-b3

Cyril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyril »

OK so Episode 14 has just gone live, this is the first episode rendered with Sony Vegas Movie Studio, I added a couple of bits of speeding up where it would have been monotonous watching me take a load of belts away, also added another where i was cutting some trees and waiting for stuff to be made in pocket (added a funny bit to that bit too).

Let me know what you think, I promise I'll get better at the editing stuff but it was my first proper attempt.

For the Episode on its own Click Here
For the Series Click Here

Hope you all enjoy

Cyril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyril »

So I thought I'd let people know that I have put episode 23 up on my modded factorio series now, getting some real good comments on the series and although I only started last month I now have 14 subs already and only really do factorio, also the only place I promote my videos is here too, so for those of you who have already checked it out... thanks and to those of you who haven't please have a look, you may like it, I promise it gets better as it goes through. the link is here

Return to “Videos”