Waiting-Posts

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Waiting-Posts

Post by ssilk »

I would like to have the flying robots more under control. Currently they wait at the point, where they are, until the find somthing to transport.

Let them find a "waiting-post". A logistic robot will find such a post, when he doesn't find any other transportation and the post is "not full". Optionally the robot waits some time (5-60 secs?) before he will search for a post to avoid, that a highly frequented area looses it's robots to a low-frequented.

The post itself has either a fixed number of docks (10 or so) or I can set the number of docks.

With this you can create a much faster response-time to requests, when you place it near chests and avoid spreading the bots over the hole map.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Waiting-Posts

Post by MF- »

Charging stations are planned, I assume they might serve this purpose as well.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Fine. :) It was on my tongue (or hands) to add a sentence like "Those posts can also act as a charger, cause I'm sure, the robots need eneergy to fly..."

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I have to add two points:

1.a Something which knows the number of LRs in the air. So if there are too less, they can be produced immediately.
1.b Some kind of inserter which can put self-driving-things out of a box and place it on the ground or rail. So that I don't need to take the LRs out of the box. Should work also for cars, locomotives, wagons, etc.
Hm. Now when I think about it, I admit that I haven't tried it. But it would be cool, because this would enable to make for example a train-production (you only have to fetch the train together).

The reason for that is, that it is extremely unpractical, when the creepers found your LRs and destroy them. Before you begin to realize it, the whole production stands still.

2. I would like to see also the following behaviour of LRs: When there are some LR standing (flying?) at one point (e. g. over a chest), they try to get out of this mass and drive randomly in a direction. With the time the masses of LR spread over the area in a circle around the point.

The reason for that is, that players which try to produce so many LRs (heard of one with more than 800), must live with the mess. :)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The Logistic Robots will definitely have a charger point. They are too strong at the moment. As for the idle movement I personally find "tight formation" of Logistic Robots kind of pretty (when there is a job they move in a line formation to perform it). Though with the charger I suppose they would be more like swarming around it (within charge reach or something).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Yes, flying around the post is good! :)
I saw them in my image rotating around the post, either right- or left-turning, depending on their charging-state (charging: left-turning, fully charged: right-turning). And I would like that they cannot stand still for a long time, this is, because they need power all the time.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

moved to implemented

Kind of interesting to read again after so many years.

I still like the idea of “rotating robots around the charger while charging”.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”