[MOD 1.1] Oxygen

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 1.1] Oxygen

Post by Natha »

Last edited by Natha on Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:15 am, edited 116 times in total.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.X] Oxygen

Post by darkshadow1809 »

I would love to add this mod to my hardcore pack if i may. However before i do i have a suggestion. Its just another pile of tasks to keep up with in the hardcore pack. Could you have a machine which automaticly sprays oxygen around your base? like a robo station does with the range :) but then for the oxygen! If thats made i will definetly add this mod to my hardcore pack if i may :) It looks promising!

Goodluck!
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

darkshadow1809 wrote:I would love to add this mod to my hardcore pack if i may. However before i do i have a suggestion. Its just another pile of tasks to keep up with in the hardcore pack. Could you have a machine which automaticly sprays oxygen around your base? like a robo station does with the range :) but then for the oxygen! If thats made i will definetly add this mod to my hardcore pack if i may :) It looks promising!

Goodluck!
Thanks for your suggestion! :)

i added your suggestion to the ToDo list.

And yes, you can add the mod to your pack, I like to see it in a hardcore pack ;)

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

A new version is out! I have thought for hours how to implement the machine that sprays the oxygen into the atmosphere. First i had an assembling machine and a recipe, but now it works with a storage tank. And i hope the game wil be now multiplayer ready!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Natha wrote:A new version is out! I have thought for hours how to implement the machine that sprays the oxygen into the atmosphere. First i had an assembling machine and a recipe, but now it works with a storage tank. And i hope the game wil be now multiplayer ready!
Awesome! Count this mod as ADDED in the hardcore modpack :) ! Thanks for the fast work keep it up! This mod could grow WAY better...!

I have some more suggestions:
How about making the aliens get damage from the oxygen you dispense? Since they have a whole other way of consuming another sort of oxygen. If they stay in the oxygen area to long they die :o And if a nests gets consumed in oxygen it will die of slowly. Dmg per tick? Could be really nice to just have your main base rid of those bugs! Overtime that is! Not to be too overpowered but since alot of people use Dytech or some other form that makes monsters ALOT harder this would definetly help!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

alsoooo.. its a rar archive:p so it needs to be unzipped. Could you make it a zip archive? :) Just for convenience sakes!

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Thanks for further suggestions. I've added them into the ToDo list :)

I'm sorry for an uncomfortable archive type, i've changed it into a zip file ;)

Edit: New version out!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Awesome to see the changes man:) You seem to be really fast at making the mod progress :D Love to see what else you can do with it :)

Good luck progressing :D !

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Awesome to see the changes man:) You seem to be really fast at making the mod progress :D Love to see what else you can do with it :)

Good luck progressing :D !
Thanks a lot ;D
That's the result of many vacations, and your suggestions were not tooooo difficult to implement ;)

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Hi there :) I made a small change to your info file. Just to let you know since some modders do not like this. Reason i did this is because i needed a dependency since it didnt gave me oxygen tanks on startup:) Which basicly let me die within 5 - 10 minutes within the game :P This is for the hardcore pack. Don't mind changing it yourself :) ! its just something with the pack. Just wanted to let you know if you are okay with the small change i made! If not ill revert it. and try another way

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Hi there :) I made a small change to your info file. Just to let you know since some modders do not like this. Reason i did this is because i needed a dependency since it didnt gave me oxygen tanks on startup:) Which basicly let me die within 5 - 10 minutes within the game :P This is for the hardcore pack. Don't mind changing it yourself :) ! its just something with the pack. Just wanted to let you know if you are okay with the small change i made! If not ill revert it. and try another way
Little changes are ok. And I allow changes in the mod, if a modpack necessearily needs the changes ;)

SvenDee
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SvenDee »

we got a bug / error message in Multiplayer when a player died by any reason __Oxygen__/control.lua:64: ghost-controller doesnt have an inventory with index(2)

host spawning works, respawn clients end into a a crash to windows.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

SvenDee wrote:we got a bug / error message in Multiplayer when a player died by any reason __Oxygen__/control.lua:64: ghost-controller doesnt have an inventory with index(2)

host spawning works, respawn clients end into a a crash to windows.
Fix'd

SvenDee
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SvenDee »

guess there is a new one. oxygen stays on 100% during the whole game ;)

just to let you know. Our next testing session is on sunday.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

SvenDee wrote:guess there is a new one. oxygen stays on 100% during the whole game ;)

just to let you know. Our next testing session is on sunday.
Sorry for the troubles, why I have commented out the code that handles the players oxygen content? :oops:
New version is out :D

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

New Version is out!

Whats new:
- Gas mask as armor equipment, but it doesn't work yet because i'm still looking for a possibility to get armor equipment content
- Recipe to get oxygen from water and atmosphere (only the last one is new ;))
- Oxygen dispensers show a cloud animation if they dispense oxygen

Have fun with this version, please let me know about bugs or more suggestions :)

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Lol you sure developing this mod quickly.. jeez xD must ... reupload... 190mb.. of modpack... every... dayyyy!!! xD

But thanks for the updates ;D loving to see this mod grow!

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

New Version (1.3.3)!

- Added functionality to gas masks, they reduce oxygen decreasing rate by 50% (since Version 1.3.1).
- Oxygen bottles are now filled up if the player keeps near an oxygen dispenser.

- New graphics for oxygen dispenser

- The changelog is now better formatted and structured, it has the style like the Factorio's changelog :D

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Workin on a new modpack and erhh

Seems Dystopia + Cursed Don't like your mod :)

http://prntscr.com/6vfoxh

Seems the item grid is missing an equipment grid :D hope it helps ;) This seems to happen when cursed tries implementing its own armor then dystopia tries and forces an armor slot into it. And gets the upper hand. Then your mod returns this error. Mod works without either of these mods :P Might be wrong tho! dont judge :# i suck at lua lol :D I am only good at throwing stuff at it and make it work on some magical reason :D

Code: Select all

function hasgasmask(player)
	if player.getinventory(defines.inventory.playerarmor)[1] == nil then return false end
	local grid = player.getinventory(defines.inventory.playerarmor)[1].grid
	if grid == nil then return false end
	for _,equip in pairs(grid.equipment) do
		if equip.name == "gas-mask" then return true end
	end
	return false
end

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Workin on a new modpack and erhh

Seems Dystopia + Cursed Don't like your mod :)

http://prntscr.com/6vfoxh

Seems the item grid is missing an equipment grid :D hope it helps ;) This seems to happen when cursed tries implementing its own armor then dystopia tries and forces an armor slot into it. And gets the upper hand. Then your mod returns this error. Mod works without either of these mods :P Might be wrong tho! dont judge :# i suck at lua lol :D I am only good at throwing stuff at it and make it work on some magical reason :D

Code: Select all

function hasgasmask(player)
	if player.getinventory(defines.inventory.playerarmor)[1] == nil then return false end
	local grid = player.getinventory(defines.inventory.playerarmor)[1].grid
	if grid == nil then return false end
	for _,equip in pairs(grid.equipment) do
		if equip.name == "gas-mask" then return true end
	end
	return false
end
I've added a check with the ItemStack.hasgrid() method, it should work now :D

Return to “Mods”