"✓" signs in Ideas and Suggestions forum

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

"✓" signs in Ideas and Suggestions forum

Post by sillyfly »

So, recently I've noticed ssilk editing threads in the Ideas and Suggestions forum, giving some suggestions a summary and adding a "✓" to the subject, and I wanted to ask - does it mean marked suggestions are considered by developers? Confirmed to be added? Or is it just for organization purposes, allowing ssilk to see which threads he summarized and which he hadn't yet?

(I suppose this is directed to ssilk, but I decided to put it here because maybe other people would be interested. Or maybe someone already knows the answer :) )

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: "✓" signs in Ideas and Suggestions forum

Post by keyboardhack »

I would also like to know what they are supposed to symbolise. For now they are just very confusing and i do believe new players will think that as well when they see them on some post and not on others.
Waste of bytes : P

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

I suppose that ßilk adds them along with post summing up the idea behind the topic, so the devs don't have to dig through it and can just skip to the point.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The ✓ is for me to see, if it has a suggestionsummary. I think I should replace it with another char. I think to ⚚ (staff of hermes - ready for delivery).

Sorry for confusion, this is currently in heavy progress/change by me, nothing is talked with the devs about this, it was just a spontaneous idea. The main idea is to weight the costs of implementation against the game value. My hope is, that we can sort out suggestions, which are ready for implementation or things which won't be implemented or are too old.

Edit: ☸ (Wheel of Dharma - http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharmachakra) is eventually better. Looks like a Factorio wheel :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification :)

Return to “This Forum”