[Request] Industry Giant like mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Linguini
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] Industry Giant like mod

Post by Linguini »

Hi,
I already saw someone asking/telling in another forum/site how good it would be if there was a mod or even if the game itself approached some characteristics of the Industry Giant II game. Somethings like "economics need" of some place from the game, if there was villages for example created at the very beginning or as the home-base expands, taking ideas from the Industry Giant and/or Minecraft. Even better if there was intergalactic ships to trade our resources for a common currency.
That also makes me asking for what the game is heading regarding game world size, but I'll leave that in another post.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Industry Giant like mod

Post by n9103 »

I would suggest if you're going to look at various economic models to use with games, that you look into using Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe as a source, firstly because it's open source; Second, because it's still maintained and worked on.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Spontaneous idea: like the indians, the creepers will fight you until you deliver them goods. (Very simple minded, but ok) If you stop it, they will overrun you...

Hm. Things like clothes (therefore the planned oil?), furniture (ah, therefore the wood!!) and sugar cakes (fishes, you make them out of fish... ??). Of course cars, electricity (!!!), weapons (! You deliver them the weapons they will fight you if you don't deliver it). As extra exchange, they will give you creeper-eggs.

Phuu, this can make sense, because the game will change from fight to economy and the endless need for resources of the creepers will end in a total war, when the resources are out. Maybe you should have managed to build a spaceship before that? Or will you fight till the end? Epic decisions.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Linguini
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Linguini »

Epic decisions.
Epic ideas... :)

Linguini
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Linguini »

n9103 wrote:I would suggest if you're going to look at various economic models to use with games, that you look into using Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe as a source, firstly because it's open source; Second, because it's still maintained and worked on.
Unfortunately I can't make a mod since my ability for programming is near to null. As of that what I wrote was an idea that I wanted to share rather than something that I will do, at least in the next future.
Also, OpenTTD is indeed something that can help since has a even more basic economic concept than IG2, though being open source doesn't mean anything to me since what I wanted was to bring up concepts and ideas and not code.

Linguini
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Linguini »

I finished playing the campaign now and I saw there is a level with the concept of market already and currency... that is already a big approach of what I wrote here in fact.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The market and currency concept is at the moment only used in the tight spot campaign. However using the same concept in the game itself has been suggested multiple times and it is something we definitely consider. For now the market can be used in other mods.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Linguini wrote:since what I wanted was to bring up concepts and ideas and not code.
With OTTD being open source, it means that you have access to all the hard numbers and formulas that the entire economy runs on, giving you a much clearer picture to base your own numbers and formulas on.
But yes, it would be more significant to someone looking for code as well.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

YA

That was my request
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=5&t=764

I really hope, that someone will release that mod.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”