Version 0.11.19

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.19

Post by kovarex »

Still not the stable candidate, but just a very small amount of things are waiting to be fixed, so the next one is the stable candidate.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.19

Post by FishSandwich »

kovarex wrote:Fixed that it was possible to use the fast replace on enemy structures. (viewtopic.php?=9150)
Pipes on difference force can still be connected sadface

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

FishSandwich wrote:
kovarex wrote:Fixed that it was possible to use the fast replace on enemy structures. (viewtopic.php?=9150)
Oh, I forgot about this one :)
The fix will be quite simple though.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

awesome work guys

Much love Smarty

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

FishSandwich wrote:
This doesn't seem like a bad thing really.
If you wanted to ensure there was no external influence on a pipeline, then it should have a turret at all junctions and pipe should be underground whenever it's not at a junction/turn, and it wouldn't even need to be a laser turret since even a basic turret and basic ammo will generate the alert just as well.
That way there would either be an engaging alert or a destruction alert in order to have your line tampered with.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Yaua
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yaua »

kovarex wrote:Still not the stable candidate, but just a very small amount of things are waiting to be fixed, so the next one is the stable candidate.
:D
Great ! (I'm so eager to see the next branch !)
Thanks for all the bugfixes :)

Mangledpork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mangledpork »

FishSandwich wrote:Pipes on difference force can still be connected sadface
But that sounds awesome! I want to secretly tap into enemy pipelines, that adds all sorts of cool tactics!

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

kovarex wrote:Still not the stable candidate, but just a very small amount of things are waiting to be fixed, so the next one is the stable candidate.
Sometimes it's the little things that make a difference... :) thank you for hearing me.

I was waiting to see what errors will come from 0.11.18 and if they are a buzz kill like the inserter grabbing from robots bug in 15 or 16. The map and autosave bugs showed that I was right to wait...

I'm still on 14. If this version doesn't get reported with those kind of bugs until wednesday I will update my files from zip. Thank you for fixing and improving the game.
I hope we can get to 0.12 soon :!:
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by provet »

kovarex wrote:
Yes it's finally working! Thanks for listening and providing a solution!

pcmaster160
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pcmaster160 »

Thank you so much for the blueprint changes recently. Being able to place over items marked for deconstruction and over the player, combined with force placing is absolutely awesome.

Mr. Thunder_Tw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mr. Thunder_Tw »

kovarex wrote:Oh, I forgot about this one :)
The fix will be quite simple though.
This calls for a new update next week instead of gooing to .12.0! :lol:
my Mod: ThunderGui

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

n9103 wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:
This doesn't seem like a bad thing really.
If you wanted to ensure there was no external influence on a pipeline, then it should have a turret at all junctions and pipe should be underground whenever it's not at a junction/turn, and it wouldn't even need to be a laser turret since even a basic turret and basic ammo will generate the alert just as well.
That way there would either be an engaging alert or a destruction alert in order to have your line tampered with.
I agree with this. Why shouldn't you be able to steal oil from the enemy team? This would be as sensible as "inserters can't take items from belts owned by enemy teams".

Actually, there should probably be an option somewhere to allow deconstructing enemy structures, too. Both possibilities (can or can't deconstruct enemy structures) allow for new gameplay.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

No, that doesn't make sense. If this would be possible, also should fast replacing enemy buildings be.

It's too easy to interrupt the whole enemy factory with just one small click, and the map is too big to just defend everything anytime.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, I agree with this, we have the construction robots to overcome the problem that destroying one little piece will break all the factory, so the idea is clear. It should be possible to defend the factory against these kind of things unless the attacker is really able to destroy the defenses and core parts of it.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Um, do you agree that this attack should be possible (placing pipes to interrupt the flow) or not be able to do that?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Nova wrote:Um, do you agree that this attack should be possible (placing pipes to interrupt the flow) or not be able to do that?
I believe that the attack shouldn't be possible to do this way.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

immibis wrote:I agree with this. Why shouldn't you be able to steal oil from the enemy team?
Because nobody uses the tactic to steal oil, it's almost always used to fuck over the other team by putting water into all of their pipes.

And no it's not as easy to defend against as you might think, destroying a few measly turrets and sticking an offshore pump onto someone's pipes takes no time at all.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Thank you for the clarification, kovarex.
Greetings, Nova.

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrozenOne »

I haven't played multiplayer much yet, but i find the picture of sabotage putting water into pipes instead of oil and clogging absolutely everything very funny. Probably not so funny for the victim though. :lol:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, I think that is still possible with an extra item, but that is not so easy as the above.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Releases”