When will it be on Steam?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Cougarific
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: When will it be on Steam?

Post by Cougarific »

Yes I'm necro'ing this thread from Nov. of 2014 because the questions asked are still applicable and IMHO the topic can support further discussion.

Game seems pretty damn polished to me, ESPECIALLY compared to some of the other titles (Early Access and otherwise) offered on Steam right now.

Let's get this bad boy Greenlit and get some word-of-mouth going among Steam's 8 MILLION users!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Cougarific wrote:Yes I'm necro'ing this thread from Nov. of 2014 because the questions asked are still applicable and IMHO the topic can support further discussion.

Game seems pretty damn polished to me, ESPECIALLY compared to some of the other titles (Early Access and otherwise) offered on Steam right now.

Let's get this bad boy Greenlit and get some word-of-mouth going among Steam's 8 MILLION users!
We are quite decided to be on steam early access when the 0.12 version is stable. This means that we will start the greenlight process in month or two.

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

Cougarific wrote:Steam's 8 MILLION users!
More like 120 Million active users :lol:
8 million is just the daily peak.

Factorio will probably be greenlit in no time. Really looking forward to it!

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

kovarex wrote:We are quite decided to be on steam early access when the 0.12 version is stable. This means that we will start the greenlight process in month or two.
kovarex wrote:We are starting to be quite content with the stability, the next release will be a stable candidate (it was about time).
He's not lying.. It's coming "Soon(TM)"! :lol:

Cougarific
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cougarific »

I'm happy to hear this - I was confused (still am, a bit) about the Greenlight situation on Steam - I've never tried to Greenlight a game before (been on Steam 8+ years) so I went looking for this and thought maybe it had been up and didn't make some kind of deadline so was removed again, then I found a Steam "recommend Factorio for Greenlight" page which led to even more head-scratching.

IMHO getting on Steam is like getting married - it comes with good and bad aspects, and once you say "I Do" you're in it for the long haul - for better or worse. I'd like to see this on Steam because it's made for grown-ups and too much of Steam lately appears aimed at people who have yet to sprout pubic hair.

Forgive my ignorance but is version .12 the solid co-op version? 'Cause everything else seems - as I said - highly polished.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Take a look at the roadmap: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=3&t=678

The plans for 0.12 are stable multiplayer and endgame content (for 0.11 it was supposed to be buggy multiplayer for the brave, but it seems pretty good already :) )

Return to “General discussion”