Rocket Defense Assembling Facility

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Rocket Defense Assembling Facility

Post by Marconos »

Figured I would post my current progress. (Ended up not using the map I posted, figured it was going to be too easy with the resource level I set it to)
Currently only using gun turrets, no lasers. 100% running on boiler power with no solar or accumulators. My goal is to hit 60 RDPH 100% on coal power.

I have everything researched at this point and am building the infrastructure to hit the mark. During the full research phase I only used productivity and speed modules. Going for the RDPH challenge I will be using lots of efficiency modules.

Current plan: (minimum machine levels for production needs)
Furnaces: 8428(2969 for iron, 5459 for copper) with 2 efficiency 2 modules
Assemblers: 3286 MIN with 1 Speed 3 and 3 Efficiency 3 modules in each
Chemical Plants: 263 with 2 efficiency 3 modules (not counting cracking plants)
Steam Engines: 887 to run machines above
Boilers: 1242 for machines above (using 10 x 14 model)
Miners: 9740 ( 3231 iron, 5942 copper, 566 coal <-- probably a little low) using 3 efficiency 1 in each miner
Refineries: 256 with 2 efficiency 2 modules
Chemical Plants (cracking): 1280, 2 efficiency 2 modules
Wells: 2560 wells (depleted) with 2 speed 3 modules
Steam Engines for Miners / Refineries: 1300
Boilers for Miners / Refineries: 1820

Will need a few additional coal miners to feed the boiler lines and then a power line to feed the power lines etc.

At this point I have the factory building the factory parts and producing military supplies to clear the aliens out, build rail lines etc. Power usage is only 80 - 90 MW atm, well below my peak of 115 MW when pushing research full tilt.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Had to give up on the above world. Resource patches were WAY too small and emptied too fast to even give a shot at a 60RD factory.

I'm trying to figure out how to generate a map with enough oil to generate 60 RD / hour and all I can say is that I don't think it's possible with the current game options. I think you have to have a modded in set of oil wells. 2560 wells (when depleted) are required to produce enough oil to get 60 RD/H. Anyone know of a way to get more oil or a mod that increases the density of oil wells?

Kevin94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kevin94 »

The RSO mod introduces a complete new Resource Generation System. It is much more configurable than the vanilla code, although the settings aren't saved in the map but in a config file in the mod folder. It is thought to decrease resouce density but you can change it to spawn oil fields of hundred wells or more in abundance and iron and copper fields of multiple million ores.

Return to “Show your Creations”