Hello,
my save game suddenly crashes every time I try to load it.
What happened
I was playing normally and later tried to load my save again. Factorio now crashes during the loading process every time.
The crash log ends with:
ElectricEnergySourcePrototype::createInternal
EnergySourcePrototype::loadInstance
Inserter::Inserter
followed by:
Energy source error, most probable cause is the double entity problem.
The error occurs while loading surface 0 ("nauvis").
What I tested
Factorio version: 2.0.77
Main save crashes consistently
_autosave1 crashes as well
_autosave2 crashes as well
_autosave3 crashes as well
I also tried loading the save on the current experimental branch, but it still crashes
The game itself launches normally and the crash only occurs when loading this save
This save uses several mods. The complete mod information should be contained in the attached save/log.
Space Age gameplay is not active in this save yet; I have only been playing on Nauvis.
Expected result
The save should load normally.
Actual result
Factorio crashes while loading the map.
I have attached:
the affected save file
factorio-current.log
If possible, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could check whether the save can be repaired, since all available autosaves seem to contain the same corruption.
Thank you!
[2.0.77] Save crashes on load – ElectricEnergySourcePrototype / double entity problem
[2.0.77] Save crashes on load – ElectricEnergySourcePrototype / double entity problem
- Attachments
-
- factorio-current.log
- (13.57 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
-
- New Try X9000 COPY SAVE.zip
- (56.65 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
Re: [2.0.77] Save crashes on load – ElectricEnergySourcePrototype / double entity problem
Welcome on forums. This save file is corrupted and it does not point at anything being wrong with the game. One entity belongs to an electric network claiming its energy source has index of 831 which is already claimed by another entity, but there is also another energy source at index 895 that is not claimed by any entity. This looks like a memory bit flip. If its caused by a faulty hardware or being a single event upset then its outside of our reach and there is nothing to be done on our end. Moving to Technical help.
I did a quick fix with hex editor but i skipped checking if it loads with required mods, just checked that it current experimental version with no mods enabled and it loaded and passed consistency checks.
I did a quick fix with hex editor but i skipped checking if it loads with required mods, just checked that it current experimental version with no mods enabled and it loaded and passed consistency checks.
- Attachments
-
- 136446-New Try X9000 COPY SAVE-fixed.zip
- (48.03 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
Re: [2.0.77] Save crashes on load – ElectricEnergySourcePrototype / double entity problem
Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this and even fixing the save manually.
I tested the repaired save with my mods enabled and it loads and runs perfectly again. You genuinely saved me from losing a huge amount of progress.
I really appreciate the help — absolute legend. Thank you!
I tested the repaired save with my mods enabled and it loads and runs perfectly again. You genuinely saved me from losing a huge amount of progress.
I really appreciate the help — absolute legend. Thank you!

