[StrangePan][2.1.17][mac] Low FPS with lots of turret coverage shown

Bugs which we just recently fixed in our development version and will reach you in the next release.
jaidzadza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2025 4:43 am
Contact:

[StrangePan][2.1.17][mac] Low FPS with lots of turret coverage shown

Post by jaidzadza »

I think this has only happened to me on MaOS Tahoe 26.6.2, I can't remember it happening on linux. It's been too long since I played on linux. This didn't happen before 2.0ish, and I only noticed it after a couple hundred hours.

1. What did you do?
I built a lot (low 100's) of turrets, enabled show turret coverage and placed them on screen.

2. What happened?
When I look at them from certain angles, my FPS dips from 60 to anywhere from 55 to 30. If I don't move the camera, the FPS stays low.

3. What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
My FPS should stay at 60, since it does when I pan the camera away slightly, or change the zoom level slightly.

4. Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Sometimes. Only when the screen is covering certain turrets with certain coverages it seems, but I don't want to guess.


Steps to reproduce:
Load the savefile turret_bug_repro, hover a turret, pipette it with Q. Watch FPS drop from 60 to 30.


Some computer specs:

Chip: Apple M2 Pro
Total Number of Cores: 12 (8 Performance and 4 Efficiency)
Memory: 32 GB
Chipset Model: Apple M2 Pro
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
Total Number of Cores: 19
Vendor: Apple (0x106b)
Displays:
DELL U4025QW:
Resolution: 6400 x 2700
UI Looks like: 3200 x 1350 @ 120.00Hz
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.39 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
output.mp4
Demo video that shows the bug
(10.06 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
turret_bug_repro.zip
Savefile
(3.58 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
turrets_scenario.zip
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
StrangePan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:41 pm
Contact:

Re: [StrangePan][2.1.17][mac] Low FPS with lots of turret coverage shown

Post by StrangePan »

Thank you for the detailed information! This will be fixed in the next release.
Post Reply

Return to “Resolved for the next release”