The absolute fastest ships possible used thruster stacking. This will make them slower. Stacking can still be a benefit, but the weight factor incurs significant diminishing returns with each stack.erectile_pisfunction wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:12 pmI would be interested to see how the formulas for calculating acceleration and top speed have changed. The formulas will be the ultimate decider of what the new fastest space platforms will look like. If the new formulas make the new fastest ships slower than what used to be possible, then I don't like this change. If they get faster (per unit area of the ship) on average, then I like the change.Adjusted space platform drag to be based on weight rather than width.
If this change was made intentionally to make ships slower on average, then...![]()
I've done a few preliminary calculations, and it seems to me that there is an inflection point, where the accumulated weight cannot be compensated for by adding another thruster plus its necessary weight. But at the same time, this is a very broad inflection point, so there can be a pretty large variety of configurations that can hit the max speed.

