[2.1.8] LogisticContainerPrototype.robot_door.animation has type Animation instead of Animation4Way
[2.1.8] LogisticContainerPrototype.robot_door.animation has type Animation instead of Animation4Way
...therefor it is not possible to specify different animations for each direction of rotatable logistic container.
Make robot_door animation directional
Make RobotDoorSpecification.animation as a Animation4Way
With Containerand ProxyContainer rotatable, the robot door for logistic container has always to be in the center. For a rectangular container it would be convinient to be able to reuse a animation and just shift it in place. Currently rotating a rectangular container results in something like that on the left
https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/typ ... n4Way.html
Edit: removed ProxyContainer as there is no logistic version
With Container
Edit: removed ProxyContainer as there is no logistic version
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.
My mods
My mods
Re: [2.1.8] LogisticContainerPrototype.robot_door.animation has type Animation instead of Animation4Way
Its not just making robot_door animation be Animation4Way, it would also require specifying location_offset for each direction which makes this slightly more complicated. Maybe having independent array of extra offsets that would shift the sprite and location_offset at the same time was easier to implement without making this more complicated.
Re: [2.1.8] LogisticContainerPrototype.robot_door.animation has type Animation instead of Animation4Way
Oh, I didn't even notice the CargoHatchDefinition.offset...I would just use the SpriteParameters.shift for each orientation of the animation.
Having array of offsets while keeping one Animation would work in my case.
I'd just be worried that someone else asks for actually different animations for each orientation.
Having array of offsets while keeping one Animation would work in my case.
I'd just be worried that someone else asks for actually different animations for each orientation.
Re: [2.1.8] LogisticContainerPrototype.robot_door.animation has type Animation instead of Animation4Way
Yeah that would work for me.boskid wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 12:50 pm Its not just making robot_door animation be Animation4Way, it would also require specifying location_offset for each direction which makes this slightly more complicated. Maybe having independent array of extra offsets that would shift the sprite and location_offset at the same time was easier to implement without making this more complicated.
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.
My mods
My mods

