Factorio won't launch on Steam Frame

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DeletingVirus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:19 pm
Contact:

Factorio won't launch on Steam Frame

Post by DeletingVirus »

I have the 1TB Steam Frame and I've downloaded and installed Factorio. When you launch the game, it will get to the point where it says it is launching the executable and sit for about 30 seconds before kicking back to the Steam game page. Other games are launching just fine from the Steam Frame but Factorio won't launch.

There are a few other people on the Steam Forums also complaining about this issue, but I don't know if it's specific to the 1TB model or not. I've left a comment asking them the question what model of Steam Frame they are using and hope they will reply to that thread so we can all have a clearer picture of the situation.
User avatar
boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 4932
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Factorio won't launch on Steam Frame

Post by boskid »

Only miniscule "catch" that i know of about Steam Frame is that we have it supported on version 2.1 of the game, which is available in the "experimental" branch, not on the "default" branch (at least not at the moment). Could you try switching to experimental branch and then trying if it works?
DeletingVirus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Factorio won't launch on Steam Frame

Post by DeletingVirus »

That did the trick. I rolled it into experimental this morning, and it booted right up. I will make sure to pass that along to the Steam Discussion post so people know what they need to do.
Post Reply

Return to “Technical Help”