[2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Riccars
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:14 pm
Contact:

[2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Riccars »

I've had a couple crashes on this build, they seem to happen without any rhyme or reason, this time i was simply walking to the left. Another time I tried to save and went afk and it crashed while I was gone, possibly during the save. Space age with quality and elevated rails no mods. I've included the last autosave, from about 5-7 minutes before the crash
Attachments
_autosave1.zip
(10.73 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
factorio-previous.log
(19.1 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(738.78 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
factorio-current.log
(11.08 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 11026
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Loewchen »

Looks like the ryzen defect, make sure you are on the latest bios, see 114778.
Riccars
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Riccars »

I did recently update my bios but I think I've never done my chipset, I'll give that a try.
Riccars
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Riccars »

It did crash one more time, chipset and bios should be up to date. Hopefully its not a failing hardware issue.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(15.22 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 11026
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Loewchen »

Riccars wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2026 4:16 pm ...
That is a different crash, this is a hardware issue.
Riccars
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Riccars »

Still working on identifying the cause, RAM appears to be ok but I'm going to do the rest of the testing overnight. Hard drives appear ok, check disk had to repair something.

The only thing happening at the same time in event viewer is an error with the microsoft gamebar, Not sure if that's the cause or the effect of the crash.
"The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." Trying to see if I can resolve this in case it is the cause. I'm still on Win10.

A month ago I had GPU issues that got resolved with updated bios drivers, that's my newest component so I'm hoping that it's ok.

At the moment Factorio is the most reliable game at producing the crashes, more so after the pc has been running a few hours, but I'm not seeing any crazy discrepancies around crash like temps.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(752.44 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
factorio-current.log
(16.1 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Riccars
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Riccars »

I still cannot identify the cause, every time I tried to test an individual piece of hardware it comes back ok. Removing gamebar didn't change anything besides not leaving a log in event viewer. Factorio is literally the only program I can get to reproduce my issue and only at random. First half of today was fine, then multiple crashes in the afternoon. Yesterday two crashes killed windows at the same time. Unfortunately, there's no log or dump files from those crashes even from Windows. I'm stuck between believing it's either the CPU, Mobo, or C: drive all three I'm not looking forward to replacing and don't want to do blindly. If y'all have any ideas, I'm all ears.
Attachments
factorio-dump-1previous.dmp
(722.46 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
factorio-dump-1current.dmp
(720.67 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
factorio-previous1.log
(14.26 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
factorio-current1.log
(17.27 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(776.32 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
factorio-current.log
(24.13 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
factorio-dump-previous92601.dmp
(810.31 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
factorio-dump-current92601.dmp
(820.57 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
factorio-current92601.log
(17.09 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
factorio-dump-current9261400.dmp
(863.79 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
factorio-current9261400.log
(28.72 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
factorio-dump-current6261500.dmp
(848.37 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
factorio-current6261500.log
(16.7 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Riccars
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Riccars »

4th crash today windows had to restart with it. Got an event.

event ID 18
"A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information."

Later tonight I had another unique crash, windows survived but factorio crashed in such a way the application ended without writing crash logs.

event ID 1000
"Faulting application name: Factorio.exe, version: 2.1.20.21976, time stamp: 0x6ab2498a
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.7725, time stamp: 0xd63a0e46
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff499
Faulting process id: 0x4230
Faulting application start time: 0x01dd4eb03648289c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 97fde3f3-fbeb-4cfb-91e6-817014678932
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: "

I'm leaning on this being the CPU, I'm confident the RAM is ok. If the c: drive is failing I'd expect more widespread issues. I'll throw in todays crashes for whoever wants to look at them, but I probably won't update again until I replace parts. I don't think I had a cpu fail on me before, I think this one is about 7 years old.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current9270700.dmp
(928.76 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
factorio-current9270700.log
(16.05 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
factorio-dump-current9270900.dmp
(860.12 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
factorio-current9270900.log
(17.78 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
factorio-dump-current9271120.dmp
(856.6 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
factorio-current9271120.log
(18.03 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Riccars
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.19] Crash seemingly spontaneously

Post by Riccars »

Final update, replaced CPU, it's been about 3 days without crashes.
Post Reply

Return to “1 / 0 magic”