Red and Green blueprint books (deconstruction/upgrade)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

User avatar
worph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2026 2:01 pm
Contact:

Red and Green blueprint books (deconstruction/upgrade)

Post by worph »

grafik.png
grafik.png (7.93 KiB) Viewed 186 times
grafik.png
grafik.png (7.98 KiB) Viewed 186 times
grafik.png
grafik.png (7.97 KiB) Viewed 186 times
TL;DR:
If a blueprint book only contains deconstruction or upgrade plans, it should change the color of the book to red/green respectively.
WHY:
First of all, it would look cool. It also shouldn't be very much work at all.
But more importantly, visual clarity!

Can you spot which is my deconstruction blueprint book? I know where it is, but my eyes always get caught on other deconstruction plans or even other more red items. My deconstruction book is arguably among the least red items in the second toolbars.
grafik.png
grafik.png (38.78 KiB) Viewed 186 times
grafik.png
grafik.png (50.36 KiB) Viewed 186 times
(exaggerated just for illustrative purposes)
Alfonse215
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2024 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Red and Green blueprint books (deconstruction/upgrade)

Post by Alfonse215 »

Note that if you don't use an icon for a blueprint book, it will use the image from the currently selected blueprint. If that one is a deconstruction planner, it'll use that. I use this for my deconstruction and upgrade blueprint books.
User avatar
worph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2026 2:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Red and Green blueprint books (deconstruction/upgrade)

Post by worph »

Alfonse215 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:37 pm Note that if you don't use an icon for a blueprint book, it will use the image from the currently selected blueprint.
I did not know that. Maybe because icons are mandatory for normal blueprints themselves, so I never tried it. I will do that right away.
I still like my suggestion though :)
Post Reply

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”