[2.1.14] Platform logistics "Waiting on a higher priority request"

Bugs that are actually features.
TV4Fun
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2024 9:43 pm
Contact:

[2.1.14] Platform logistics "Waiting on a higher priority request"

Post by TV4Fun »

I am trying to build an platform in orbit of Gleba. Gleba does not materials on the surface to support the construction, so I am bringing materials in from another platforms. The problem is that though I have set the logistic requests on my target platform to only accept from other platforms, and set the other platform to send materials to other platforms, no materials are being transferred. The platform has a request for 10k space platform foundation, and that seems to be blocking all of the other requests, even when there is no space platform foundation to send and other materials it has requested are available. All of the other requests say they are "waiting on a higher priority request," which means in practice that the foundation that does get transferred over is getting pummeled by asteroids and I can't build any defenses against them because none of the turrets and ammo are getting sent over. The only way I have found to fix this is to cancel most of the construction. I guess this is related to how much storage the platform has available—if the request is small enough to fit into the platform's storage this doesn't happen—but I don't think that should apply for construction requests, or when the material being prioritized for is not available while other "lower priority" items are. There also doesn't appear to be the way to change the priority of materials. Reordering the logistic requests does not change what is prioritized. Platform foundations always get prioritized, which I somewhat understand, but also it would make sense to transfer things that can be built on existing platforms as well. The turret requests in these screenshots are from construction, but the same applies when they are manual requests set specifically to import from platforms too.
20337C~1.JPG
20337C~1.JPG (488.81 KiB) Viewed 453 times
20564D~1.JPG
20564D~1.JPG (485.05 KiB) Viewed 453 times
DScoffers
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:24 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.14] Platform logistics "Waiting on a higher priority request"

Post by DScoffers »

This looks like it's the same bug that I reported only afew hours earlier.
viewtopic.php?t=135820
TV4Fun
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2024 9:43 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.14] Platform logistics "Waiting on a higher priority request"

Post by TV4Fun »

DScoffers wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 10:18 pm This looks like it's the same bug that I reported only afew hours earlier.
viewtopic.php?t=135820
Oh that's funny. I searched for this yesterday, I guess I should have searched a second time before actually posting.
User avatar
boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 4921
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.14] Platform logistics "Waiting on a higher priority request"

Post by boskid »

I am not considering this to be a bug: space platform foundation is marked as priority item together with cargo-bays using ItemPrototype::space_platform_request_priority to make sure that when those items are requested, other items are not delivered because they could clog the platform hub not allowing it to get more space platform tiles nor more cargo bays meaning that it could become deadlocked unable to build space platform tiles under cargo bay or unable to build cargo bays themselves due to lack of those items when inventory is full. From what i see, the priority requests are doing some sort of inventory reservation based on request count, and since you have a request for 11k of platform tiles, that will make entire inventory reserved and unable to accept other items. If you let cargo bays to be built first, the inventory should become less constrained and other items will get delivered.
Post Reply

Return to “Not a bug”