[2.1.20] Esc closes technology screen before Factoriopedia

Bugs which we just recently fixed in our development version and will reach you in the next release.
Clath
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:11 pm
Contact:

[2.1.20] Esc closes technology screen before Factoriopedia

Post by Clath »

How to reproduce:
1.Open the technology screen.
2.Alt + left click an item to open it in Factoriopedia.
3.Press Esc twice.

What happens:
The first Esc closes the technology screen behind Factoriopedia.

The second Esc closes Factoriopedia.

What I expected:
The first Esc should close Factoriopedia and return to the technology screen, then the second Esc should close the technology screen.

This happens every time for me.

I also tested this on the 2.0.77 stable version. There, the first Esc closes Factoriopedia and the second Esc closes the technology screen, which is what I would expect.

I found a few similar reports:

134248
134617
135408

My case is slightly different since I don't need to navigate to another Factoriopedia page or use the back button. It happens immediately after opening Factoriopedia from the technology screen and pressing Esc.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 17571
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am
Contact:

Re: [2.1.20] Esc closes technology screen before Factoriopedia

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I've tweaked the behavior a little for the next release to hopefully make this nicer.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.
Post Reply

Return to “Resolved for the next release”