The biggest annoyance for me in Space Age (version 2.0.77) is still the fact that if I set up a machine with a recipe and quality modules, then copy/paste that machine a few times in order to create a chain of machines making the same thing at different qualities, I have to re-select the recipe separately for each machine that uses a different quality from the one I copied.
Yes, it's only a fraction of added effort in a process that I don't have to do super often in any case, but the fact that there doesn't seem to be any reason why that extra click should be needed, makes it a persistent if minor annoyance. Before I got used to it working this way, it was even more of an annoyance, because there were a few times when I clicked "change recipe", selected my desired quality, closed the recipe selection window and the machine interface without selecting a recipe under the assumption that it would re-use the same recipe, and only later noticed that the machine didn't have a recipe - I think the first time it happened, it took me some time to figure out why the machine had no recipe selected.
The solution I was picturing before I found this thread was to have a machine pre-select its previous recipe and quality when you click the "change recipe" button. But CaffeinatedCucumber's suggestion of a quality selector in the main machine interface, separate from the recipe selection window, might work even better. I'm not picky about how it's addressed as long as I can make changes to one aspect of a machine without having to re-specify another aspect that I didn't want to change.
Select current recipe when changing assembler recipe
Moderator: ickputzdirwech
Re: Select current recipe when changing assembler recipe
+1, this is a very good idea
My mods: Multiple Unit Train Control, RGB Pipes, Shipping Containers, Rocket Log, Smart Artillery Wagons.
Maintainer of Auto Deconstruct, Cargo Ships, Vehicle Wagon, Honk, Shortwave.
Maintainer of Auto Deconstruct, Cargo Ships, Vehicle Wagon, Honk, Shortwave.
Re: Select current recipe when changing assembler recipe
When changing inserter filters the current item is already selected when editing.
Can easily change quality with alt-mousewheel and press e to confirm.
Doing the same for assemblers/machines is multiple clicks, including changing tab to find correct recipe/intermediate. Pain.
Maybe this is to allow clearing recipe of machine or some such edge case? But it would be so much easier if active recipe was selected in change recipe window.
Can easily change quality with alt-mousewheel and press e to confirm.
Doing the same for assemblers/machines is multiple clicks, including changing tab to find correct recipe/intermediate. Pain.
Maybe this is to allow clearing recipe of machine or some such edge case? But it would be so much easier if active recipe was selected in change recipe window.

