[2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
Novie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2024 10:08 am
Contact:

[2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible

Post by Novie »

What did you do?
While in Remove view - Locomotive, I held Ctrl and hovered the cursor over the track (reachable by the selected train).
What happened?
The temporary stop is created as expected when left-clicked, but the route preview showing the path the train will take is not visible.

In previous versions, hovering over the track while holding Ctrl would display the planned route from the train's current position to the temporary stop.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (184.53 KiB) Viewed 470 times
What did you expect to happen instead?
I expected the train's planned route to be displayed as a preview before creating the temporary stop, as it was in previous versions.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
It happens consistently in version 2.1.20. The temporary stop can still be created, but the route preview is missing.
Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 1008
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:19 am
Contact:

Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible

Post by Genhis »

Hello, I can't reproduce this. Please attach log.
Novie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2024 10:08 am
Contact:

Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible

Post by Novie »

factorio-current.log
(6.6 KiB) Downloaded 22 times


here is a short video of me reproducing the bug. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O1sf8B ... KdC21/view
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 17584
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am
Contact:

Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you post your config.ini file? I suspect some other hotkey is conflicting but without knowing what you have bound to what it's just a guess.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.
Novie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2024 10:08 am
Contact:

Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible

Post by Novie »

I got annoyed by it and downloaded the ZIP version, where the issue did not occur. This indicated that something in my steam install was causing it. So I completely reinstalled the steam factorio install, disabled steam cloud data, and removed the factorio AppData folder. After reinstalling, the route preview is working as intended and I could no longer reproduce the issue.
Marco3102
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:48 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible

Post by Marco3102 »

I also have this issue.
Happend after I updated from 2.1.17 to 2.1.20.
Disabling all my mods didnt fix it. I didnt attempt it but by the sound of this thread it might be save undependent, so im not gonna add a save file now. config.ini and log should be attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(57.24 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
config.ini
(94.26 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Post Reply

Return to “Bug Reports”