[2.0.77] Freeze when quiting during autosave when hosting server

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
KaronesEngy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2026 9:24 pm
Contact:

[2.0.77] Freeze when quiting during autosave when hosting server

Post by KaronesEngy »

When hosting a multiplayer lobby, I saved the game manually after everyone else left. Right after the manual save, I pressed esc and clicked quit game, during this time the autosave started and the game froze completely.
I can still hear game sound, but the game itself is frozen and not interactable.
I expected the game to finish the autosave and then quit.
Running on Linux with non blocking save.

I still have the game open at the time of posting, the log file has not had any new lines since the game froze. (around 10 mins since frozen and this post)
Attachments
Screenshot of frozen game
Screenshot of frozen game
Factorio-freeze.png (3.69 MiB) Viewed 398 times
factorio-current.log
Log with game still open and frozen
(44.53 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 17587
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am
Contact:

Re: [2.0.77] Freeze when quiting during autosave when hosting server

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.
Post Reply

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”