Just like linked pipe connections, it would be nice to have linked heat pipes. I figure they would work the same as normal heat pipes regardless of distance, and the linking/unlinking API at runtime would be very similar to the linked pipe connections API. It would need some changes to the HeatConnectionDefinition, probably a type property that defaults to normal, and an optional linked_connection_id property.
I'd like to use this for two mods, the first being a redux of the Underground Heat Pipe mod by Quezler so that the connections can be properly linked over distance, and the second would be a "round heating radius" mod that makes certain buildings (usually reactors) have a heating radius in a circle instead of the square currently implemented in the engine. I would end up doing this by creating hidden linked heat pipes in a circle as required, but I can't do that now because they would need to be connected directly and as such would interfere with other heat pipe connections.
Linked heat pipe connections
- protocol_1903
- Filter Inserter

- Posts: 566
- Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm
- Contact:
Linked heat pipe connections
pY and pYblock developer, wielder of fluid networks and subtick events in arbitrary ways. I make mods. Check them out, maybe.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903
Buy me a coffee
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903
Buy me a coffee
Re: Linked heat pipe connections
+1
After this, all that's left is linked rails /s
After this, all that's left is linked rails /s
