Maybe someone already though of this, but can an A.I. play factorio?

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
LeaMills
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2025 3:18 am
Contact:

Maybe someone already though of this, but can an A.I. play factorio?

Post by LeaMills »

The reasoning is: factorio is "kinda sorta" like programming, especially beyond a certain point.
So... FactorAI?
Anyone tried having an AI play factorio through an API/LUA code?
"Vibe factorio" or something XD
yarede
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2026 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: Maybe someone already though of this, but can an A.I. play factorio?

Post by yarede »

I think it’s definitely possible, but the interesting part would be giving the AI actual control rather than just having it generate Lua. Factorio has so many interacting systems that an AI could probably handle small tasks fairly well, while managing a whole factory would be much harder. I’d love to see an experiment where the AI gets screenshots plus game-state/API access and has to build a factory from scratch.
Post Reply

Return to “Off topic”