I recently moved over to Linux gaming (Gentoo, for those who are curious) and moved the savegame from my Windows PC over to join me in Linux-land.
While streaming briefly, swapping between Space Age 2.1.17 and Vanilla 2.0.77 (without issue), I had a crash at the very end after exiting the Space Age instance. The log and save are attached. The mods in use are: core, base, elevated-rails, flib, helmod, recycler, quality, RateCalculator, space-age.
I've redacted the log just a little to mask the home directory, which would reveal my name.
Edit: I'm trying to attach the savegame but it's not working ("HTTP error"). I can make it available outside the forums if that would be helpful: the link https://user.fm/files/v2-fc2adc23984091 ... esting.zip.
[2.1.17] Crash on exit clearing fluidbox
[2.1.17] Crash on exit clearing fluidbox
- Attachments
-
- factorio-current-crash-sanitized.log
- (13.51 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Re: [2.1.17] Crash on exit clearing fluidbox
Are you able to reproduce this in any way?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.
Re: [2.1.17] Crash on exit clearing fluidbox
No, though I've had a couple of other unrelated crashes (for which I also have no repro). For the issue at hand in this thread, I was streaming and could highlight a clip if that helps?
Re: [2.1.17] Crash on exit clearing fluidbox
The place this crashed plus you saying you’ve had unrelated crashes makes me suspect failing/failed hardware. Most likely RAM. That, or a bad overlock on something causing instability.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.
Re: [2.1.17] Crash on exit clearing fluidbox
I will run memcheck on the memory. The system is a new build and I'm fairly confident it's in good order.Rseding91 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2026 11:46 pm The place this crashed plus you saying you’ve had unrelated crashes makes me suspect failing/failed hardware. Most likely RAM. That, or a bad overlock on something causing instability.
Re: [2.1.17] Crash on exit clearing fluidbox
I'm content to close this wontfix for now while I run some stability tests. I had another crash with hands off keys, which seems to support an issue in the hardware or underlying operating system (which does not make me a very happy bunny given the new build, but so it goes).thedoh wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2026 12:37 amI will run memcheck on the memory. The system is a new build and I'm fairly confident it's in good order.Rseding91 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2026 11:46 pm The place this crashed plus you saying you’ve had unrelated crashes makes me suspect failing/failed hardware. Most likely RAM. That, or a bad overlock on something causing instability.
ninja edit: Confirmed; memtest has (at least one) failure(s)

