[Klonan] [2.1.17] Picking early research set by lab doesn't show research tree properly

kodosTheDestroyer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2026 11:53 pm
Contact:

[Klonan] [2.1.17] Picking early research set by lab doesn't show research tree properly

Post by kodosTheDestroyer »

Obligatory you guys are amazing and 2.1 is so good!

I'm doing a high science multiplier run so I started using the "Set research" by circuit condition on labs as soon as I opened green science. I noticed that when I go to select a research, click on a technology on the left grid view, the tree on the right will put the selected research very far below the view port. This appears to be the case for any red-only research and the majority of research before about the rocket silo.

To replicate:
- start a new game and place a lab connected to a circuit (say a chest)
- select the lab and "Set research" by circuit condition
- select any red science or early trigger tech, the tree on the right will need to be scrolled down for the tech to be visible
- compare to selecting the rocket silo or most late tech and those are placed like if you click on them through the normal research queue. I noticed steel productivity is also a bit below the viewport

I would expect the right viewport in set research to behave like the normal research queue (T screen) but it doesn't seem to focus on some research properly.

It appears to always happen.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
kodosTheDestroyer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2026 11:53 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.1.17] Picking early research set by lab doesn't show research tree properly

Post by kodosTheDestroyer »

Here is a screenshot of selecting a technology (turrets) and the tree on the right is not visible.
Screenshot_20260827_082715.png
Screenshot_20260827_082715.png (471.24 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Same tech selected in the research queue (T) what I would expect to see
Screenshot_20260827_082814.png
Screenshot_20260827_082814.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 359 times
Post Reply

Return to “Assigned”