Hello-
Use Case
When in editor mode, it is useful to test out builds with only a certain number of technologies researched. To do so, I open the editor and unresearch the technologies I don't want enabled that might affect a build. For example, inserter stack size is affected by "Inserter capacity bonus 2", and that can affect some lower tier builds where basic inserters are used in machines.
Reproduction Steps
1. Enter editor mode via /editor
2. Un-research all technologies
3. Attempt to research "Automation science pack". You will receive the message "Trigger technologies cannot be enqueued."
Note that no dependent technologies of "Automation science pack" can be researched either.
Workarounds
Use a console command, e.g. /c game.player.force.technologies["automation-science-pack"].researched = true
Let me know if this is not clear enough, and I will follow up.
[2.1.14] Cannot research "trigger" technologies when in editor mode
Re: [2.1.14] Cannot research "trigger" technologies when in editor mode
Shift + Left-Click on the button. NaB.
Re: [2.1.14] Cannot research "trigger" technologies when in editor mode
You are right. Interesting that Shift+Left Click does not work on the icon within the tech tree, but it does work on the "Start research" button. I did not consider that the button may have different behavior than the icon.

