Suggestion for the end game (Colony center)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mazter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Suggestion for the end game (Colony center)

Post by Mazter »

Here is an idea.

There has been alot of talk about how to end the game with "a colony ship in orbit".
I love that idea, but here is an extension on it. When the colonists comes down the player need to build a colony center for the people, and then need to provide the center with resources which all kinda resources thou specific ports in the center because u can't have logistic bots provide the colony center with everything. That way the factory is still useful even after you have researched everything in the tech-tree and while you wait to get all the colonists down to the planet.

Hope this help you guys make this game even better.

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Suggestion for the end game (Colony center)

Post by Wyrm »

So the second phase of the game becomes "Colony Tycoon"? :D

I actually like this idea. The colony has needs, and you need to fulfill them, all being chased by biters.

Dark_Lightning
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dark_Lightning »

I think it would be cool if you needed to build a rocket defense to protect the launch and landing of the rescue ship (or ships). Then when they comes back down the colony is started as Mazter says here. (Not sure about the no bots thing, bots are a very useful resource and a colony like this would almost certainly use them.)
Mazter wrote:Here is an idea.

There has been alot of talk about how to end the game with "a colony ship in orbit".
I love that idea, but here is an extension on it. When the colonists comes down the player need to build a colony center for the people, and then need to provide the center with resources which all kinda resources thou specific ports in the center because u can't have logistic bots provide the colony center with everything. That way the factory is still useful even after you have researched everything in the tech-tree and while you wait to get all the colonists down to the planet.

Maybe the other humans could also have perks or new researchs that become available when you get them back to the planet.
Dark

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

What if instead of alien artifacts, research from the colony were needed for the last techs?

Mazter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mazter »

katyal wrote:What if instead of alien artifacts, research from the colony were needed for the last techs?
That could also be cool if you are playing on peaceful mode.
Dark_Lightning wrote:I think it would be cool if you needed to build a rocket defense to protect the launch and landing of the rescue ship (or ships). Then when they comes back down the colony is started as Mazter says here. (Not sure about the no bots thing, bots are a very useful resource and a colony like this would almost certainly use them.)
Mazter wrote:Here is an idea.

Maybe the other humans could also have perks or new researchs that become available when you get them back to the planet.
The reason i add'ed no bots could deliver stuff was because i wanted people to make transport-belts to the "colony center" instead of just having bots deliver everything to it. that kinda removes the fun and headaches of integrating it into your factory with belts and underground belts everywhere.

Dark_Lightning
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dark_Lightning »

I think the freedom of choosing the way you build you factory is important. Limits to that should be minimized in my opinion.
Dark

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”