QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

i-make-robots
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 pm
Contact:

QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post by i-make-robots »

TL;DR
Please! Remember floor tile placement radius, map settings between game sessions.

What?
11-11-2025, 10-14-34.png
11-11-2025, 10-14-34.png (24.48 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
and
11-11-2025, 10-14-58.png
11-11-2025, 10-14-58.png (44.06 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
Why?
QoL. Every morning I fire up my 900h factory and the first thing I do is re-tweak these settings. I also tweak the train view to turn off all the station names and the signals. If that could be remembered as well, it would be a kindness.

Thank you for the lovely game, stay awesome!
fi5hii
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post by fi5hii »

The map settings stay saved. Are you maybe clicking alt on your map view? That's what toggles it between default and your settings.
My mods on mod portal
Catch me live over on twitch
Have some questions or want to chat? Join my discord
i-make-robots
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 pm
Contact:

Re: QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post by i-make-robots »

So even though it save the settings, it starts every session in default mode? ...Why would that even be a thing?
eugenekay
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1345
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 2:14 am
Contact:

Re: QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post by eugenekay »

...because "Default mode" is the Default? And "Alt-Mode" is the Alternate view? :roll:
i-make-robots
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 pm
Contact:

Re: QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post by i-make-robots »

I'll rephrase: how is anyone supposed to know that there's two modes? 8000h played and not once have i hit the alt key in map mode. I touched alt once in 2020 to turn on show-recipes and haven't been back since.

Why can't it remember that I'm in alt-map-mode between sessions?
fi5hii
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post by fi5hii »

i-make-robots wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 10:14 pm So even though it save the settings, it starts every session in default mode? ...Why would that even be a thing?
It does remember it through sessions what I'm saying is you maybe click alt unknowingly and toggle it back to default from the alt view. It happened to me a lot when I got a new keyboard so might be happening to you? I've never had issues with the alt mode not saving session to session.
My mods on mod portal
Catch me live over on twitch
Have some questions or want to chat? Join my discord
i-make-robots
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 pm
Contact:

Re: QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post by i-make-robots »

I can confirm that it does seem to remember the alt settings if i leave them just right when i quit.

However, the floor tile radius setting is not remembered.
i-make-robots
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 pm
Contact:

Re: QoL: remember tile and map settings between sessions

Post by i-make-robots »

Every time I start a new game; enter a train; and zoom out - the train map settings are reset.
I almost never need the station names, I'm either going to a place I know or using the search and then clicking.
Post Reply

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”