Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.12

Post by Mur »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Airat9000 wrote::( :( :(
Just install it.
ROFL, this is exactly what I was thinking.

Here is the link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5842

x10sion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by x10sion »

RedFury wrote:It's not about placing the storage wagon, it's hovering it over an existing one, before you place it.
If you have more than one wagon in you inventory, the first one gets placed, then the second one hover over the placed one... and you have your crash (endless loop)
As long as you have only one wagon in you inventory at a time and you place it at the end of existing trains, not trying to hover over (mouse over) any other placed trains or wagons, while holding one in your hand, you can place them without any crashes ...
thanks Mate! this sorted the issue out!! now i can collect all those conveyor belts stretching across the map

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Airat9000 wrote::( :( :(
Just install it.
2.2 GB in DVD iso!

what install?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RedFury wrote:I had the same problem with Win7 SP1 not installing ...
After a bit of googling I found the "System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821)"
You find it directly at the microsoft download center. After this tool installs (it's 500mb+) it should allow all other updates to install normally. But you have to tell windows update to install them :S
I myself have SP1 only since yesterday, because it failed to install all the time (with 10+ more updates that failed).
I have played factorio after the install so i can confirm this worked. But i haven't tried placing any trains yet.

Apparently updates not installing on windows 7 is enough of a thing that Microsoft made a fix especially for it!

GL

edit: Yup, the wagon in hand hovering over a locomotive makes the game go into endless loop mode
been though all of this. I installed the updates fix. I tried installing the SP1 from windows update, or from a downloaded ISO, nothing works, even after installing the update fix.

Why do we specifically need SP1 on Windows 7 to run Factorio anyway? In many cases the SPs are optional, and unpatched operating systems are still "Supported".

This isn't really an issue for me personally anyway, I don't play factorio on the laptop in question, everything else is SP1.
Last edited by bobingabout on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I was always able to install the sp1 directly using the windows update.

I had to click manually "Check for updates" link though.

mike_smit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mike_smit »

even though i have Win8.1 i am very curious as to why SP1 is required on windows 7. What is the specific need? What feature is present in SP1 that was not present before?

Stx3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stx3 »

thx for update, but where new version with sensors?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Stx3 wrote:thx for update, but where new version with sensors?
That isn't coming in a bugfix release.

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

Stx3 wrote:thx for update, but where new version with sensors?
That's planned for after 0.12 as visible in the roadmap thread.

Loth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Loth »

Please fix the train wagon bug asap. I can't make new trains :(

x10sion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by x10sion »

Loth wrote:Please fix the train wagon bug asap. I can't make new trains :(
This worked 100% for me
RedFury wrote:It's not about placing the storage wagon, it's hovering it over an existing one, before you place it.
If you have more than one wagon in you inventory, the first one gets placed, then the second one hover over the placed one... and you have your crash (endless loop)
As long as you have only one wagon in you inventory at a time and you place it at the end of existing trains, not trying to hover over (mouse over) any other placed trains or wagons, while holding one in your hand, you can place them without any crashes ...

mazetar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mazetar »

It's fixed in .13 expected release today :)

x10sion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by x10sion »

mazetar wrote:
It's fixed in .13 expected release today :)
Just wondering but how do you expect a release today?

Grandt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Grandt »

x10sion wrote: Just wondering but how do you expect a release today?
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=8135

x10sion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by x10sion »

Grandt wrote:
x10sion wrote: Just wondering but how do you expect a release today?
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=8135
This mustve been in the last hour or two haha

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

bobingabout wrote:
RedFury wrote:I had the same problem with Win7 SP1 not installing ...
After a bit of googling I found the "System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821)"
You find it directly at the microsoft download center. After this tool installs (it's 500mb+) it should allow all other updates to install normally. But you have to tell windows update to install them :S
I myself have SP1 only since yesterday, because it failed to install all the time (with 10+ more updates that failed).
I have played factorio after the install so i can confirm this worked. But i haven't tried placing any trains yet.

Apparently updates not installing on windows 7 is enough of a thing that Microsoft made a fix especially for it!

GL

edit: Yup, the wagon in hand hovering over a locomotive makes the game go into endless loop mode
been though all of this. I installed the updates fix. I tried installing the SP1 from windows update, or from a downloaded ISO, nothing works, even after installing the update fix.

Why do we specifically need SP1 on Windows 7 to run Factorio anyway? In many cases the SPs are optional, and unpatched operating systems are still "Supported".

This isn't really an issue for me personally anyway, I don't play factorio on the laptop in question, everything else is SP1.
I tried to get it to work for over 10 hours (and I'd like to say that I am a pretty experienced user when it comes to things like that). I finally got it to run when I "upgraded" Win7 from the original DVD after a clean boot (a bit like booting in safe mode). There is an option for that if you insert the disc and start Setup. What it does is mainly reinstalling Windows, but keeping all your programs and settings. It took a lot longer than a standard Win7 installation, but i really didn't want to lose all my stuff and settings - it would have taken forever to reconfigure everything, and my system runs pretty well for a few years now.

Well, after reinstalling Windows, I needed to reconfigure some stuff, and voilà: I could install SP1. Well, not that anything is different now, except for me being able to play factorio again :P But if anyone seems to have the same problem and can't install SP1, try this:

- Download and install via Windows Updater
- Deleting the content of X:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. That's were Windows saves patches and stuff. If maybe a download got corrupted somehow, simply deleting this and trying again might do the trick
- Download and Install of the whole SP1 ISO (you'll get that from Microsoft.com, it's around 1.8GB big)
- Repair tool for Installations from Microsoft (trust me, you'll find links for that everywhere when you google "can't install win7 sp1". File size is around 700MB)
- Reinstall ("upgrade") Win7 from the original DVD. Takes a while (whole installation around 3 hours for me), but you keep your settings and everything.
- Complete reinstall of Win7 (might be the most annoying solution, but from time to time, that can't hurt anyways...)

If anyone still is unable to patch SP1, just ask me. Maybe I can give some more tips; in that 10 hour Windows'o'Fix-Marathon, i got some experience in fixing this problem (AKA: I tried nearly every solution I could find for this damn problem, and one of the last ones available finally sticked...)

joeallpro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by joeallpro »

Can someone please help me i have just tried to update and when i load up the game it goes to the previous version can some please help :|

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Have you enabled "experimental updates" ? if ever, you can download the full standalone zip and run the game from there.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Releases”