Version 0.11.12

Information about releases and roadmap.
DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.12

Post by DaveMcW »

LordFedora wrote:Wasn't 0.11.11 -> 0.11.12 supposed to fix the UAC (i user account control? the popup saying it needs admin)
Only the zip version.

Exe UAC and then crash is still an open bug.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

wait... so it's "fixed" in the zip version, cause that's what i have...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

LordFedora wrote:wait... so it's "fixed" in the zip version, cause that's what i have...
I guess it's fixed in the updater that comes with 0.11.11 _ ZIP?
Is that the version you were running?

Does the updater even update itself at all?

transportman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by transportman »

razz wrote:I'm also getting the carriage bug, however, I am unable to place a carriage at all, But this may be becasue I have more than 1 in my inventory, i.e. when I place one the other becomes immediately available and overlaps the one I just placed, causing it to cash :(
For me it just the game froze completely when I selected a wagon, even before placing it, hope this gets fixed soon...

Other question: I just updated last week from 0.10.x to 0.11.x, and had to spend half an hour to get all mods working again due to changed naming conventions and stuff. Are there plans to provide something like an online content system (as OpenTTD has for exampe) to download mods from instead of having to dig them up from the forum?

Alywiz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alywiz »

I was able to place a loco, but the game crashed as soon as i selected the 2 wagons in my inventory.

SillySil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SillySil »

What's with the "factorio won't run without win7's service pack 1"?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SillySil wrote:What's with the "factorio won't run without win7's service pack 1"?
its a good question, and I'd like to know the answer to it too, because my windows 7 laptop won't upgrade to SP1, I've tried, it just fails.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

MF- wrote:
LordFedora wrote:wait... so it's "fixed" in the zip version, cause that's what i have...
I guess it's fixed in the updater that comes with 0.11.11 _ ZIP?
Is that the version you were running?

Does the updater even update itself at all?
I just checked, and the fix was added in 0.11.11 and supposed to fix for the update to 0.11.12 and every one after it...

and i was running 0.11.11 and i updated to 0.11.12 >.>

nfsc30001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nfsc30001 »

sadly doesn't work on a 32-bit windows vista PC :(

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

bobingabout wrote:
SillySil wrote:What's with the "factorio won't run without win7's service pack 1"?
its a good question, and I'd like to know the answer to it too, because my windows 7 laptop won't upgrade to SP1, I've tried, it just fails.
I got the same problem with my desktop PC. I am trying since yesterday to get SP1 to install :(

RedFury
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RedFury »

I had the same problem with Win7 SP1 not installing ...
After a bit of googling I found the "System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821)"
You find it directly at the microsoft download center. After this tool installs (it's 500mb+) it should allow all other updates to install normally. But you have to tell windows update to install them :S
I myself have SP1 only since yesterday, because it failed to install all the time (with 10+ more updates that failed).
I have played factorio after the install so i can confirm this worked. But i haven't tried placing any trains yet.

Apparently updates not installing on windows 7 is enough of a thing that Microsoft made a fix especially for it!

GL

edit: Yup, the wagon in hand hovering over a locomotive makes the game go into endless loop mode
May the source-code be with you

x10sion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by x10sion »

****bug?****

Every time i place a train down, i place the horse down fine, but the minute i place the trailer that is connected to the horse, my game freezes where i have to end task the game? The track is not complete yet, could it be that?

Thanks

x10sion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by x10sion »

Alywiz wrote:I was able to place a loco, but the game crashed as soon as i selected the 2 wagons in my inventory.
"Glad" to see i am not the only one

x10sion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by x10sion »

Its only when you place the train storage cart that the game crashes. doesnt matter if its connected to the horse or not :( now im going to have to wait to play because i need the train to get more materials :(

RedFury
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RedFury »

It's not about placing the storage wagon, it's hovering it over an existing one, before you place it.
If you have more than one wagon in you inventory, the first one gets placed, then the second one hover over the placed one... and you have your crash (endless loop)
As long as you have only one wagon in you inventory at a time and you place it at the end of existing trains, not trying to hover over (mouse over) any other placed trains or wagons, while holding one in your hand, you can place them without any crashes ...
May the source-code be with you

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

RedFury wrote:I had the same problem with Win7 SP1 not installing ...
After a bit of googling I found the "System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821)"
I already tried that (and I am back to doing it again after freeing up some space), but it hasn't helped so far. There are a few other things I could try, but some of them are reeeeally tedious... :/

tecxx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tecxx »

are you guys serious? sp1 for win7 was released in 2010. there is no excuse for beeing on the internet and not patching your OS, let alone install the available service packs.

faloun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by faloun »

RedFury wrote:It's not about placing the storage wagon, it's hovering it over an existing one, before you place it.
If you have more than one wagon in you inventory, the first one gets placed, then the second one hover over the placed one... and you have your crash (endless loop)
As long as you have only one wagon in you inventory at a time and you place it at the end of existing trains, not trying to hover over (mouse over) any other placed trains or wagons, while holding one in your hand, you can place them without any crashes ...
I can confirm that this avoids the bug. If you set down a chest and put any extra wagons in there so you only have one in my inventory, you can successfully place a wagon. Just make sure when you are holding one in your active slot that you never hold it above an existing train.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

tecxx wrote:are you guys serious? sp1 for win7 was released in 2010. there is no excuse for beeing on the internet and not patching your OS, let alone install the available service packs.
SP1 isn't updating for a while now on my system, although I got all security updates and stuff that were included through the updater (the required update for SP1 I am missing should only be around 90mb big). Factorio ran great before the patch, and it is in fact the only game I played so far that has problems without SP1 (I guess mainly because it checks if it's there since the new patch). Games that ran without problems include, but are not limited to: Dark Souls 1&2, Starbound, Watchdogs, AC Black Flag, Hearthstone, Shadow of Mordor, Dead Rising 3, Civ Beyond Earth, League of Legends, and so on.

Still trying to get SP1 to update. I am "upgrading" Win7 right now from the original DVD because I read that this can fix it.
BTW, I am not the only one with this problem, try to google it. Yes, there are many possible solutions, and I worked through most so far. If everything else fails, I guess I have to reinstall my whole system just so I'm able to run Factorio again :/

Update: Well, it took me some hours, but at least it seems as I don't need to kill my whole system 8-)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( :( :(

Return to “Releases”